Here is every FCS vs FBS game scheduled for 2024

12 potential FCS-over-FBS upsets in the 2024 college football season​

Week 3​

• Morgan State over Ohio
Defense wins championships, but does defense win FCS-over-FBS upsets? In 19 of the last 26 FCS-over-FBS wins (73 percent), the losing FBS team has scored three touchdowns or fewer. Morgan State allowed 21.40 points per game last season and again project to have one of the better defenses in the FCS. Ohio only scored 24.3 points per game last year. If the Bears can step up defensively, this game could be on upset watch in the fourth quarter.

Lafayette?
NDSU not beating them Buffs mane!

As for JSU, I have to see it to believe it. This is our best chance ever to do it but I wont be surprised if they take us to the woodshed.

Yall best chance was with Deion. ULM will make a example out of JSU especially when they should have loss last time.

The only reason I am saying this year is our best chance is that this is year 2 for TC vs Year 1 for the ULM coach. Let's hope that works in our favor. If Coach Prime had been in year 2, we would have whooped them ppl good! 🤣 🤣

BUT as I already stated, if they 50 piece us, I wont be surprised.

The only reason I am saying this year is our best chance is that this is year 2 for TC vs Year 1 for the ULM coach. Let's hope that works in our favor. If Coach Prime had been in year 2, we would have whooped them ppl good! 🤣 🤣

BUT as I already stated, if they 50 piece us, I wont be surprised.
Damn they went through another HC. Yeah i can see now see that with yall having a chance. Yeah I agree, year 2 prime would have definitely beat dem boyz. 🤦‍♂️

Lafayette?
NDSU not beating them Buffs mane!

As for JSU, I have to see it to believe it. This is our best chance ever to do it but I wont be surprised if they take us to the woodshed.

I am not predicting Lafayette to win, but they are #1 in book as far as upset shots. Buffalo lost a lot from last season, and couldn’t stop the run at all. They have a new coaching staff, and lost some top players to the portal.

Lafayette has a NFL potential running back who is a beast, and two FCS star defensive players who are a force. They return plenty of talent on both sides of the ball with 16 starters coming back from a 9-3 season. They might be a top 10 FCS team this year when the season is over.

I know that they are a FCS powerhouse like NDSU, but top 25 FCS programs usually are able to compete vs lower tier MAC, Sun Belt, MWC and C-USA programs.

If NDSU wasn’t breaking in a new Coach, I would pick them to shock Colorado bro. NDSU would have beaten Colorado last year, but we all know that Deion is definitely going to bring some new talent to the table to check out in this Week 1 match up. I am looking forward to this one. If Deion has fixed the trenches, then Colorado will win convincingly, if they bring the same thing they brought last year, (which I doubt), they will lose in a heartbreaking close game.

My top 5 FCS Upset Watch List

UT MartinKennesaw State

LafayetteBuffalo

Montana StateNew Mexico

Jackson StateLouisiana-Monroe

North Dakota StateColorado

Nice comeback Montana State! My list is looking good after Week 0. Let’s go UT Martin, Lafayette, and my Mississippi podnas at JSU!

Last edited:
I think Jackson State can beat ULM. ULM has a new head coach and that program is really an FCS program in disguise.

It’s a game that JSU honestly can win.

As long as we show up to play and don't lay down I'm happy. They are fbs so we aren't expected to win. I fully expect a strong showing Thursday night. I'll be flying in for this one

Y’all didn’t lay down last time defensively. The offense just could get into the end zone. Losing 12-7 to ULM clearly showed that they were beatable that day. This time around, ULM’s defense doesn’t return any talent, and they lost their best guys to the CFL and transfer portal. I just can’t see JSU getting shoutout or held to single digits.

ULM’s offense only returns a lineman from last year’s starting roster, and the word on the Bayou is that they looked like trash in Spring Camp. They didn’t have a Spring Game either. They have General Booty transferring in a QB, but he might not even be the starter of an offense that was terrible last year.

Their defense doesn’t return much each and will be depending on sideline experienced players and JUCO transfers. Jackson State has the talent to make this a game or avoid being blown out.

Y’all didn’t lay down last time defensively. The offense just could get into the end zone. Losing 12-7 to ULM clearly showed that they were beatable that day. This time around, ULM’s defense doesn’t return any talent, and they lost their best guys to the CFL and transfer portal. I just can’t see JSU getting shoutout or held to single digits.

ULM’s offense only returns a lineman from last year’s starting roster, and the word on the Bayou is that they looked like trash in Spring Camp. They didn’t have a Spring Game either. They have General Booty transferring in a QB, but he might not even be the starter of an offense that was terrible last year.

Their defense doesn’t return much each and will be depending on sideline experienced players and JUCO transfers. Jackson State has the talent to make this a game or avoid being blown out.
They actually have more returning that what folks think. Trust me I've broken down their roster already and have been following them like I follow every Swac team since they were added to the schedule. They retained 52 guys from last years team and brought in 72. They had 124 guys in fall camp. At last count I want to say they had around 40 guys from juco with playing experience. A lot of those guys we were recruiting in Jackson as well. They will be talented. Their OL is massive as they return all 5 starters (at least 5 guys started last year) from last year and their backup RB Hunter Smith who was an All conference guy is returning as well. I expect them to lean on us a lot so this will be our biggest test of the season on the ground. Defensively they will be tough as well. They have a bunch of Juco All American guys plugged in on that defense.
As far as General B, we will see what hes made of. He won the starting job in fall camp over Hunter Herring.

They actually have more returning that what folks think. Trust me I've broken down their roster already and have been following them like I follow every Swac team since they were added to the schedule. They retained 52 guys from last years team and brought in 72. They had 124 guys in fall camp. At last count I want to say they had around 40 guys from juco with playing experience. A lot of those guys we were recruiting in Jackson as well. They will be talented. Their OL is massive as they return all 5 starters (at least 5 guys started last year) from last year and their backup RB Hunter Smith who was an All conference guy is returning as well. I expect them to lean on us a lot so this will be our biggest test of the season on the ground. Defensively they will be tough as well. They have a bunch of Juco All American guys plugged in on that defense.
As far as General B, we will see what hes made of. He won the starting job in fall camp over Hunter Herring.

I should have wrote, “returning starters” instead of returners. I would be concerned about Hunter, but not terrified. He ran for 509 yards with 3 TD’s last year. Them returning their entire offensive line from last year is news to me. Are you positive about that? Elijah Fisher is supposed to be the only returning starter on the O line.

Brother, ULM is begging for a 10-11 loss season. New coach, new players, JUCO/Division II/Bench riding FBS transfers usually equal a 2-10 season for G5 programs. I know ya’ll have an uphill battle on your hands since they are a FBS program and SWAC program can’t seem to pull off the upsets in these settings, but I don’t believe that ULM is all that dangerous either. On paper, they aren’t better than the last ULM y’all faced.

I should have wrote, “returning starters” instead of returners. I would be concerned about Hunter, but not terrified. He ran for 509 yards with 3 TD’s last year. Them returning their entire offensive line from last year is news to me. Are you positive about that? Elijah Fisher is supposed to be the only returning starter on the O line.

Brother, ULM is begging for a 10-11 loss season. New coach, new players, JUCO/Division II/Bench riding FBS transfers usually equal a 2-10 season for G5 programs. I know ya’ll have an uphill battle on your hands since they are a FBS program and SWAC program can’t seem to pull off the upsets in these settings, but I don’t believe that ULM is all that dangerous either. On paper, they aren’t better than the last ULM y’all faced.
Ok makes sense. As far as the OL..5 guys that started a lot of games last year. All weren't the original starters.

Yes ULM will be a 2 or 3 win team this year. Those teams usually still blowout Swac opponents.

Some roster info
Messenger_creation_1052774406553490.jpegMessenger_creation_466721573017159.jpeg

Ok makes sense. As far as the OL..5 guys that started a lot of games last year. All weren't the original starters.

Yes ULM will be a 2 or 3 win team this year. Those teams usually still blowout Swac opponents.

Some roster info
View attachment 19586View attachment 19587
I hate the fact that you are right about how those teams blow us away. I am hoping that ULL doesn’t trash us like they did last time.

If JSU can score 3-4 TD’s, this is going to be a fun game to watch. If not, then it will be a case of a Sun Belt team looking better than they really are. My G-Men made Arkansas State look like Arkansas in a 58-3 arse beating in 2022! So please note that I do hear you and understand you downplaying the chances of an upset. Don’t forget, I am the guy who assured y’all that New Mexico and their newly installed Pistol Formation couldn’t score more than 28 points on Southern’s experienced defense back when they played in 2012! The Lobos dropped 66 on my cousins! 🤦🏾‍♂️

However, I did pick PV to give New Mexico State hell in 2009 (20-18L), Alcorn to upset USM in 2014 (26-20L), and sTu to give Rice hell in 2021 (48-34L). I have definitely been in the ballpark before. 😆

It would be great if JSU can prevail vs ULM.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that you are right about how those teams blow us away. I am hoping that ULL doesn’t trash us like they did last time.

If JSU can score 3-4 TD’s, this is going to be a fun game to watch. If not, then it will be a case of a Sun Belt team looking better than they really are. My G-Men made Arkansas State look like Arkansas in or 58-3 arse beating we suffered in 2022! So please note that I do hear you and understand you downplaying the chances of an upset. Don’t forget, I am the guy who assured y’all that New Mexico and their newly installed Pistol Formation couldn’t score more than 28 points on Southern’s experience defense back when they played in 2012! The Lobos dropped 66 on my cousins! 🤦🏾‍♂️

However, I did pick PV to give New Mexico State hell in 2009 (20-18L), Alcorn to upset USM in 2014 (26-20L), and sTu to give Rice hell in 2021 (48-34L). I have definitely been in the ballpark before. 😆

😆 🤣 I get it. The staff and players seems very confident heading into this game. It wouldn't surprise me if we pulled out the upset but I'm definitely going into this game not expecting a win.

If JSU can score 3-4 TD’s, this is going to be a fun game to watch. If not, then it will be a case of a Sun Belt team looking better than they really are. My G-Men made Arkansas State look like Arkansas in a 58-3 arse beating in 2022! So please note that I do hear you and understand you downplaying the chances of an upset. Don’t forget, I am the guy who assured y’all that New Mexico and their newly installed Pistol Formation couldn’t score more than 28 points on Southern’s experienced defense back when they played in 2012! The Lobos dropped 66 on my cousins! 🤦🏾‍♂️

If we can score like Texas state game but don't give up two times the points it will be a good game.

Back