HBCU stakeholders, let’s have a conversation about ‘Coach Prime’ and haterade

During this time of social justice I’m am happy that this happened I hope JSU capitalize on this and continue to push the narrative to our kids that is ok to bring your talents to an HBCU and if Deion is using this as a steppingstone that’s fine JSU better use him as the biggest marketing human billboard to get our kids to come back home.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
During this time of social justice I’m am happy that this happened I hope JSU capitalize on this and continue to push the narrative to our kids that is ok to bring your talents to an HBCU and if Deion is using this as a steppingstone that’s fine JSU better use him as the biggest marketing human billboard to get out kids to come back home.
That's my hope, if Primes can attract higher profile players I believe it will help recruiting at all HBCUs, especially in the SWAC.

The goal from jsu is simple. Start back being competitive and start winning the SWAC. That’s all. Where is this issue coming from about finances and resources being such big issues. Jsu is only concern about improving in SWAC play. Some folks have taken them and started comparing jsu to everybody except the schools they are actually playing within the SWAC. I’ve heard jsu compared to all most every sec school and at bare minimum have they mentioned jsu Vs gsu, jsu Vs alcorn, jsu Vs A&M and etc. The media is taking what Deion is trying to do in recruiting and associating that as something jsu is trying to do as if jsu is attempting to compete with the power 5. Everyone knows jsu just wants to win. All this extra has nothing to do with the mind set of jsu, it’s just coming with the territory of hiring Deion. Like Elite Brave said if it’s a stepping stone so be it. As long as jsu benefits from it in some manner. Hell Hopson used Alcorn as a stepping stone but look at them now. Southern can only dream of beating them. So I’m all in for this to be successful from a jsu perspective and an HBCU perspective. #lovetheswac... This is no different than what we have always said, COACHES COME AND GO ACROSS THE BOARD ON ALL LEVELS. Athletics is a business. So what’s the big deal. Blessed he chose jsu and the swac to be apart of if anything. Seem like everyone else only chooses east coast HBCU’s for everything that’s an extremely big deal.

That's my hope, if Primes can attract higher profile players I believe it will help recruiting at all HBCUs, especially in the SWAC.
Exactly. This will overall elevate the conference. Even when other schools play jsu and the national media is there, that’s an opportunity for many to get the chance to see the talent of jsu opponents.

Deion insinuated that he intends to out recruit Mississippi State and ole miss. "Read into that." I've seen several JSU fans talking about expecting to get four- and five-star players. If that happens, then winning the SWAC shouldn't be a problem. The talent disparity should mean JSU goes undefeated in the SWAC every year Deion's here with his own players.

So, winning the SWAC can't be the goal. That should be too easy.

I believe elevating the status of HBCUs in general and getting the elite athletes to "return home" is the ultimate goal.

That's a lot of pressure and responsibility to put on the shoulders of one man. Even Deion Sanders.

It remains to be seen how close he can get to accomplishing that goal.

You can't have it both ways when that is what your head coach is advocating. Currently, jsu is a horrible program that was once great a very long time ago. I agree that Deion has his work cut out for him and commend him for taking on the challenge. I wish him the best of luck (except when he plays against S.U.) and hope his exploits have a domino effect within the HBCU world. I believe jsu leadership took a calculated risk that will pay off in some form or fashion. Hence, I endorse the move they made. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Consequently trying something different is a great effort to break the abysmal trend that is jackson state football. The state of jsu football is a textbook case of karma from pompous fans and delusional leadership that in the past has mistreated coaches based on sheer hubris. The law of averages dictates that it is high time that something positive happens to what is currently the laughing stock of BCF (It isn't hate if it's true).

If Deion never coaches a single game, we (JSU) have already won! I’m not going go into detail but just know that is a FACT! Any hate or attempts to question his motives are irrelevant as it relates to what we’ve received and continue to gather from this marriage. Folks just need something to be mad about or to talk about which is sad. The success on the football field will be icing on the proverbial cake! You haven’t seen nothing yet!!!

Last edited:
Real observtions and critical breakdowns are NOT hate

I wish them the best but the biggest negative to come from this situation is the sheer dillusion that anyone saying "he has no college coaching experience" is being perceived as "hate"

Or that anyone that discusses the hire is being nosy and need to mind their own business.

Imagine that......Someone calling jsu a ghetto environment....You can't get mad at that when you're around here throwing out the same rhetoric...

I think the writer was referring to the neighborhoods that surround JSU and along Lynch Street.

I think the writer was referring to the neighborhoods that surround JSU and along Lynch Street.

Hence the word "environment."

environment
[inˈvīrənmənt]

NOUN
  1. the surroundings or conditions in which a person, animal, or plant lives or operates.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am already tired of hearing all the rhetoric! At this point, I rarely read new articles or posts about the subject. I do, of course, wish JSU the very best, as I do all hbcus, except when the team standing on the opposite side of the divide is dressed in columbia blue and gold. I propose simply that all issues relating to football and to football superiority be be settled on the fields of play. We will know the answers soon enough as the season will begin in just five months. If Sanders works his magic, I'm sure he will dominat lowly Alcorn State and the rest of the lowly East, and have no problem knocking off the lowly kingpins of the West. After all, he was an NFL superstar, and his coaching staff, likewise NFL stars, has more than 80 years of accumulated NFL experience. So all of those little SWAC coaching staffs had better beware and up their game

Last edited:
Deion insinuated that he intends to out recruit Mississippi State and ole miss. "Read into that." I've seen several JSU fans talking about expecting to get four- and five-star players. If that happens, then winning the SWAC shouldn't be a problem. The talent disparity should mean JSU goes undefeated in the SWAC every year Deion's here with his own players.

So, winning the SWAC can't be the goal. That should be too easy.

I believe elevating the status of HBCUs in general and getting the elite athletes to "return home" is the ultimate goal.

That's a lot of pressure and responsibility to put on the shoulders of one man. Even Deion Sanders.

It remains to be seen how close he can get to accomplishing that goal.
What I’m saying is I’m tired of some folks comparing jsu under Deion to power 5 standards and then they’ll say jsu doesn’t have the resources. DUH. We are not tryna be power 5. We are just tryna win in the swac first. That’s all I was tryna say. Any extra is great but we just tryna get back to winning first. For example, they’ll say jsu will never beat an Alabama. I’m like who said that was JSU’s mission as of now. If that were to happen then great but hell we tryna over come the GRAMBLINGs and Tenn state first. Lol. I’m just saying some folks have taken this to an entire another level in there conversation.

Last edited:
If Deion never coaches a single game, we (JSU) have already won! I’m not going go into detail but just know that is a FACT! Any hate or attempts to question his motives are irrelevant as it relates to what we’ve received and continue to gather from this marriage. Folks just need something to be mad about or to talk about which is sad. The success on the football field will be icing on the proverbial cake!
Your damn right. You must know what I know. We are so blessed financially right now.

These next few moves JSU makes in the upcoming weeks will change the landscape of HBCU football!
Get it done JState.

I expressed my happiness and joy for JSU because I was thinking of PV-elevation to keep pace, along w/ the others. When one ascends,hopefully the others will follow to meet that level.

Sick of the OOC beatings. That shit FIRST has to stop.

Get it done JState.

I expressed my happiness and joy for JSU because I was thinking of PV-elevation to keep pace, along w/ the others. When one ascends,hopefully the others will follow to meet that level.

U sound like me bro. When any SWAC school play OOC I be so damn pumped up. I like for us to win. One SWAC school in so many ways represents the next.

Get it done JState.

yup. Schools gonna have to decide whether they want to raise the stakes or fall back.

Back