HBCU football games on TV/ESPN Platforms 2024

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It is going to be interesting to see if HBCU Go sell the distribution rights to some of the D2 games to national outlets given they don't have the capacity to show all of the D2 games from the CIAA and SIAC.

:rolleyes: IF this was already posted, I am sure somebody will let me know it. 🤭

8795c1356b5f256782718a987cda060c

ByHBCU Gameday Newswire
Posted on June 13, 2024

COURTESY OF THE SWAC

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced its 2024 SWAC Football schedule on ESPN highlighted by several highly anticipated HBCU football games on ESPN’s linear and digital platforms.

Defending SWAC and HBCU champion Florida A&M will kick off league coverage during Week 0 on Saturday, August 24th when the Rattlers travel to Atlanta to face Norfolk State in the 2024 Cricket MEAC/SWAC Challenge Kickoff, live on ABC at 7:30 p.m. EST.

The schedule of SWAC games is highlighted by several Classic match-ups, including the Labor Day Classic (Texas Southern at Prairie View A&M), the State Fair Classic (Prairie View A&M vs. Grambling), the Magic City Classic (Alabama State vs. Alabama A&M), the Boombox Classic (Southern at Jackson State) and the Florida Classic (Florida A&M vs. Bethune-Cookman).

The 2024 Pepsi SWAC Football Championship Game will air live on ESPN2 on Saturday, December 7th at 2:00 p.m. EST.

2024 Southwestern Athletic Conference
Football schedule on ESPN

HBCU ESPN SWAC  Football schedule

*Game will also be shown tape-delayed on ESPNU

Not ONE Valley game. Not even on ESPN+. Pitiful (know the TxSU and Murray State games are on ESPN+ but still)

Wouldn't surprise me that PV game is the HBCUGo game)

1000017067.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is HBCUGO still a thing I haven’t seen their schedule yet.

ESPN has first dibs at all the games then HBCUGo will get what's left. I prefer them over ESPN anyday (especially ESPN+) except maybe the ESPNU games

Valley will most likely end up on 1-2 HBCUGo broadcasts (I will bet on either the PV or AAMU games). I think Valley has made an effort to focus on streaming over ESPN+

ESPN has first dibs at all the games then HBCUGo will get what's left. I prefer them over ESPN anyday (especially ESPN+) except maybe the ESPNU games

Valley will most likely end up on 1-2 HBCUGo broadcasts (I will bet on either the PV or AAMU games). I think Valley has made an effort to focus on streaming over ESPN+
I agree - they do a much better presentation as it's their only game of the day or so so all resources are pulled together and it's free to watch

just look at the cotton bowl game from 2022 and 2023 and tell me what's the difference?

Back