HBCU Basketball: Conference Play 1/18 and 1/20

I just made that comment on Valley basketball game. They move like they need a shot of energy or something. Lazy passes, lazy defense & some of them just don’t belong on a basketball squad. They’re not moving like hoopers that actually enjoy playing the sport.

PV women have played a decent first half.
Half-time
PV - 26
JSU - 24

Hopefully we can keep playing inspired basketball for the 2nd half.

Refs trying to screw Valley!!! Half of these fouls are highly questionable. Send these clowns packing

Trying to? They did

How are you gonna be a ref and get an attitude because you were the ones blowing calls all night and pretty much handed this game to Southern with a pretty lil blue and gold bow

On a bright note, you can just go ahead and give Caleb Hunter Newcomer and Freshman of the Year as well as 1st team All SWAC. Another 20+ game in the SWAC

As far as the Devilettes is concerned, there is something different about this team in SWAC play and it's blatantly obvious to everyone. I think it is part lack of confidence and something else because this team is better than this. #22 was 2nd in PPG entering SWAC play and she just ain't playing the same as she was OOC.

Plus we lost another player with a shoulder dislocation and that affects depth

Trying to? They did

How are you gonna be a ref and get an attitude because you were the ones blowing calls all night and pretty much handed this game to Southern with a pretty lil blue and gold bow

On a bright note, you can just go ahead and give Caleb Hunter Newcomer and Freshman of the Year as well as 1st team All SWAC. Another 20+ game in the SWAC

I watched that game. The refs didn't take anything. Southern U. kicked that azz....LOL

I honestly don’t see the Devilettes winning any games going forward. This team doesn’t work well together. I hope they find some taller girls when it’s time to recruit because our rebounding game is bad.

@JROCK yall didn’t kick azz in the boys game.

Trying to? They did

let the year play out.... We got a freshman up there also.... Hunter averages .8 points more than him. Cameron Alford can play.

Yo, it went down in Chappie James arena last night. I have much much love for both schools. It should never come to this at all but its more of a bad look for LOC than Tuskegee. The reason being, LOC's Basketball teams have been involved in many situations like this over the years. Most recently, two years ago after playing Lane. The institutions had the players meetup after the incident and even had them tour the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis together. More work is need obviously.

Last edited:
Seems like the mens basketball team for Tuskegee and L-O didn't do much outside of argue. The girls team (don't know what school they represent) on the other hand, was on the sideline putting feet and hands on what looked like a random person from the crowd.

Back