Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett dies at 44

GramFan

MINNEAPOLIS -- Kirby Puckett died Monday, a day after the Hall of Famer outfielder had a stroke at his Arizona home, a hospital spokeswoman said. He was 44.

Puckett died at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Scottsdale, Ariz., Kimberly Lodge said. He had been in intensive care since having surgery at another hospital following his stroke Sunday morning.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9288939

GramFan said:
MINNEAPOLIS -- Kirby Puckett died Monday, a day after the Hall of Famer outfielder had a stroke at his Arizona home, a hospital spokeswoman said. He was 44.

Puckett died at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Scottsdale, Ariz., Kimberly Lodge said. He had been in intensive care since having surgery at another hospital following his stroke Sunday morning.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9288939

He is going to be missed but when I think of Kirby Puckett I remember how he help Tori Hunter in the Twins organization develop into a player.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No one covered that ball like Kirby.

YOu will be MISSED my brother.
You will be Missed.

That hurt my soul. I hope his family will be o.k. (Reminisces about game winning home run against the Braves in 1991.)

It is pretty sad around here in Minneapolis. This was Puckett's town. Great player and everyone seemed to love him. I sure his hometown of Chicago is mourning as well.

JagHammer said:
That hurt my soul. I hope his family will be o.k. (Reminisces about game winning home run against the Braves in 1991.)

I echo your thoughts. That man was a gamer. I used to love to watch him play. Career and life ended to soon. RIP my brother

This is truly tragic. First his career is shortened by glaucoma, and now his life is shortened by a stroke. His public image was dimensished by charges of infedelity, and sexual harrassment, but I'll always remember him for leading the Twins over the Braves in one of the best World Series ever played.

I truly hope Kirby can rest in peace, and I pray that God has mercy on his soul.

NICE

He will be missed! Prayers up to Kirby and his family! He was one of my favorite baseball players as a kid. He could cover the outfield with speed and could hit the long ball when needed.

JR said:
It is pretty sad around here in Minneapolis. This was Puckett's town. Great player and everyone seemed to love him. I sure his hometown of Chicago is mourning as well.

They talked about him within the first ten minutes of of the news and the sports segment on channel 9 (wgn) news last night. He's another example of a person from the projects (Robet Taylor) who did well. All he did was go to a juco for baseball, not big time 4 year program. I remember ten years participating in an activity (I think it was Project Alpha) a guy that brought some of his younger relatives was telling us that he played with him when he was younger. He said he was good back then but he whined a lot. I hope he wasn't lying (you know how we can be) but I thought it was kinda funny. He wasn't trying to take away from his skill level so we didn't challenge him about it.

RIP KP.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
northern tiger said:
YEP.

Don't you suppose to know that Mr. Stan "The Man" Musual.

I Had to get confirmation.
I remember when I was lil boy when we lost to the TWINS. I hated MINNESOTA throughout my entire childhood.

Back