Grand jury reportedly investigating if Bonds committed perjury

GramFan

SAN FRANCISCO -- A federal grand jury is investigating whether Barry Bonds committed perjury when he testified in 2003 that he never used steroids, according to media reports.

The panel has been hearing evidence for more than a month about whether the Giants slugger lied to a different grand jury that was investigating the BALCO scandal, according to reports Thursday night on CNN and the San Francisco Chronicle's website.

Luke Macaulay, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in San Francisco, told the Associated Press that he could neither confirm nor deny the reports. The story was first broadcast on CNN, which cited "multiple sources" it did not identify.

Harry Stern, an attorney in the firm representing Bonds, told the AP that "We don't have any knowledge about" a grand jury investigation. He also said he stands by previous statements that his client did not perjure himself during his 2003 testimony.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9375831

This is too much of a witch hunt... Fugg what he did in the past (if at all)...But Barry's dome is getting large. As a largeheaded mofo myself, I know natural bigheadedness...Barry's dome has increased a lot. Weight gain occurs in life, but I have never known it to occur above the neck (lol).

But back to my main thought! Leave the man the fugg alone and let him play baseball. If they wanna get on him be consistent and take a look at other players whose numbers and careers got extended. Has anyone wondered why/how Roger Clemons can still throw darts and remain injury free so late in his career? Nolan Ryan pitched (power pitcher) into his mid 40's. I don't have any evidence or heard anything, but as competitive as Ryan and Clemons are as pitchers, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't rub their arms and elbows with some of that same steriod cream that Bonds used without "knowing that it was steriods"

Man, they're really trying to prosecute this black man. I wish they were as diligent on other matters(that actually mean a damn)

NASTYNUPE said:
Man, they're really trying to prosecute this black man. I wish they were as diligent on other matters(that actually mean a damn)

You wonder (not really) about the motives... Did Bonds put the wood to more than baseballs and some influential San Franciscan still has a vendetta? This is really overkill...Steroids or not, the man is the best hitter that I've seen to ever play the game. I've been a baseball fan since I was 7 years old (1963) and I've seen a lot of great hitters. Bonds is not even close to being (not because of the steroid allegations) my favorite all time player...but the dude can rake it.

Rafeal Palmeiro commits perjury in front of Congress and actually gets caught using Steroids and there is no Grand Jury investigation on whether he committed perjury, but the Witch Hunt begans with Bonds because of two writers who hates Bonds. If you have to investigate what those two writers write about Bonds, then you have to investigate what Cansaco wrote about Brett Boone, Palmeiro, and their posterboy McGuire. :wavey:

HOW MUCH HATE DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE FOR ONE INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!

TWO NEWPAPER JOURNALIST WROTE THIS BOOK NOT TWO WRITERS !!!!

THIS IS WHY I HATE THE MEDIA SOMETIME !!!!!!!

THEY PICK WHO THEY LIKE AND DISLIKE AND TRY TO MAKE YOU (THE READER) NOT LIKE THEM ALSO. They still mad at bonds cause he won't BUTTER THEIR NOTEPADS WITH HIS BUSINESS SO THEY CAN JUDGE HIM !!!!! How many others cheated?

PLENTY!!!!!!!!

THESE WHITE FOLKS DO NOT WANT THIS BLACK MAN TO BREAK THAT RECORD CUASE THEY CAN'T STAND HIM AND THAT IS WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS ALL ABOUT. Had this been soem Lilly white perfect player who fills up notepads with puff shat made for puff pieces this would go away. IT'S BARRY BONDS SO ITS"LET GET THIS ***** AND PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE FOR HIS BRASHNESS AND UGLY INTERVIEWS!!!!!

SAD AZZ SHAT...........:argue2: :argue2: :argue2: :argue2: :argue2:

Its not just racial. BB is a big name and big news... Get him and someone makes a name for themselves. Write a book and make millions. Some might have an axe to grind (for many reasons including race) but a lot of it is just the mentality to "go feeding frenzy" when there's money to make or a reputation to tarnish.

Back