Good Game Southern Lab!!!

Dr. Sweet NUPE

From what I heard it was a very good game. A friend of mine is sending me the game.

One problem I have with this entire thing is....Southern Lab and Grambling Lab over the years have produced some of the best players in high school. Yet, why is it so hard to get them to play for the team across the street...I think the last Grambling High player to play for GSU was Tate...i.e. Felonta Evans...

I know Lewis Lee ended up at Northwestern, Pat Wesley at Northwestern, Honeycutt ended up at Tulane, Older Milsap at La. Tech, Chris Simmons ended up at Fayetteville State, my other homie...can't think of his name ended up at LSU, Ray went to Evangel, and I think Hicks went to Texas A&M but ended back up here at La.Tech but not playing ball.

I'm just wondering what BOTH our schools are doing wrong not to get these players.

so is gram going to get the younger milsaps? sometimes these guys just want to get away from home. I used to know the ad at alabama state in the early 80's. he always said you could almost walk down the street and get good players that just wanted to get away from home. he also said the grambling guys would come on their campus when they were in town and have their pick of the bama state women.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It was a good game and I don't think the younger Milsapp will end up at Grambling. He has bigger aspirations than his older brothers. He has always want to go "big time."

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
I pray to God he does not chose ARKANSAS.
He mentioned Mississippi State. I don't know though. He has big dreams.

He is a 6'5 guard with nice size who has decent range but nothing automatic. Needs to improve his shot. Aggressive rebounder yet plays average defense. More of a slasher than shooter. Attacks the rim mostly. Will not get away with that on the next level especially in the major conferences.

In the SWAC, he would be all american. In the SEC, role player...

GRAM4LIFE said:
In the SWAC, he would be all american. In the SEC, role player...

I think he needs to go to a school where he would be a play maker...to me it's about getting to the next level and if not completing your degree at least 85% of it done.

Yeah I'm with you, but it's hard to get kids these days to understand that. They want to be on ESPN but what they don't realize they will at the end of the bench. They could be a four year starter at a smaller school rather than a role player or 6th man at a larger one. I've seen so many guys across this state go to schools and sit the bench for four years and never really play. One comes to mind from Peabody who went to Alabama and didn't play the whole time he was there except in blowouts. He ended up behind two guys that went to the NBA and didn't see the floor at all. One was a McDonald's All American. Now, these guys all came to Alabama the same year. You would think he would have looked at that before going there. He was more interested in playing in the SEC than "playing."

Just to add on to that... I know of kids who will go the JUCO route even with good grades before going to a SWAC school because of the dream to be big time. What's even funnier is their coaches incourage them to do so. I'm not talking about those 'other' coaches. I'm talking about 'our' coaches.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
They don't care about their players....
None of those schools care about their players after they finish playing for them. I don't understand why these parents and coaches continue to let their kids be pimped.

Back