• UAPB vs Alcorn St. (Pine Bluff)

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • PVA&M vs Texas Southern (Houston)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • MVSU vs Southern (Jackson)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • FAMU vs Alabama St. (Detriot)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Alabama A&M vs Jacksonville St. (Huntsville)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Northwestern St. vs Jackson St.(Louisana)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Phreeze

Phrozen Cold
Brothers and Sisters,

It's time for the first weekend in SWAC Football and it's now time to vote on the game of the week. Now pick your selection on what game you think is going to be the crunkest. When picking that, consider the game as a whole. When I say that, I mean:

1. The crowd in attendance
2. The 2 challenging bands
3. The 2 challenging football squads

I ask to please not be biased. I would like you to be honest. I didn't count the Grambling game because, too me, that wasn't the start of the SWAC year as a whle.

I THINK THE GAME OF THE WEEK WILL BE BETWEEN US AND UAPB. REASON BEING THAT BOTH BANDS ARE PRETTY GOOD AND THE FOOTBALL TEAMS ARE DESCENT AS WELL. HONESTLY, WE ALL KNOW THAT THE VALLEY AND SU GAME IS A MISMATCH. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. BUT WHO KNOWS. GOOD LUCK TO THE ENTIRE SWAC FAMILY AS WE ALL BEGAN OUR SEASON AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP TO AND FROM YOUR DESTINATIONS.

Originally posted by ScreamTeam1
HONESTLY, THE VALLEY AND SU GAME IS A MISMATCH.

This may be true, but from what I've seen in the past, Southern seems to be straight at the beginning and as the year continue, they begin to put more batteries in the Jukebox, so by the 4th, 5th, or 6th game, the box is really to explode.

Valley on the other hand seems to have their moments in a game, not a full game, but a certain moment in each game. They are a school that doesn't ok at the beginning, but as you the year continues, they lose what little juice they have.

Let me also mention that the TxSU vs PVA&M is entirely too soon to me. I wish that they played each other at the middle or towards the end of season. Something similar to the Magic City Classic or the Bayou Classic.

Back