Fouthern does Benedict even admit men? Why play them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
SU did you think you could hide the fact that you are playing D3 Benedict College? This is sad. First the Work Study scam, now this. Looks like folks are taking the 5-6 season you had, hard on the bluff. Pete I know you are reading this. You are sad Pete.

Rudy where is the leadership?

Fouthern

Benedict isnt even D3. They are NAIA. This is the saddest day in the history of the SWAC. Does Benedict offer schlorships? Fouthern you are an embarrasment to say the least.

Any team that schedules NAIA Simply SUcks.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
JST why must you come on here and tell such a bold faced lie?? Fouthern could not be playing a D3 school!!!!!!! This is truly sad. How do you even equate the shame of playing D3 schools to playing 2 or three D2 schools. Such sadness I have never seen in all my days. I won't believe this until I ask Petey at the SWAC Press Conference in August. I thought TnState was taking the low road by dropping A&T and Bama Jelly for AAMU and Valley and trying to schedule Norfolk but BAMA Jelly and SU have truly outdone them.

Question-- Who was dropped?? Morris Brown?? Another SWAC school. We know that SU is playing AAMU, BAMA Jelly, Valley and JSU. Please don't tell me that they dropped Alcorn to play Benedict.

JST, I just can't believe this. Did you get this from Mike?????

Benedict College

You beat me to the question. I was just wondering who is Benedict College. In any event, if we play them, it will be to balance off the schedule with the Tulane game. Other schools do this all the time. If they play a game/team that is considered very lose-able, they will balance it with a game/team that is considered very win-able. Our record last season was not 5-6 but 6-5. We did not have a losing season but a winning one.

What conference does Benedict college play in? What is the level of their competition? Where are they located?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ain't Benedict College NAIA or something. This is getting freaking ridiculous. 1st Gump State tries to play 3 D-2 squads and now the Sags wanna go play a junior high team. I know that 6-5 season got y'all worried that your asses are about to return to your usual ways, but DAMN!!! Have some pride about yourselves. Have you no shame!!!!

But not only is Benedict Arnold U. a NAIA squad, but a very bad one at that. You coulda at least scheduled the national champ or something.

This is beyond sad.:(

Rudy do something about this crap. PLEASE!!!

Somebody posted the schedule on the sports board.

Benedict plays on the NAIA level. They are in the EIAC with is the 5th Black conference. They are located in South Carolina

Earle Please dont try to make excuses. This is embarrasing.

Benedict College

TP: We didn't drop any SWAC schools to play Benedict College. Alabama State and Alcorn State rotated off of our schedule. After our 7-game SWAC schedule, we have 4 dates for out-of-conf. games. Those game happen to be against Northwestern State, FAMU, Tulane and I guess Benedict College as HC bait.

Earle,

Same difference. So when JSU rotates off of your schedule I suppose you won't play us either. Alcorn should be a winnable game for Southern unless Thomas comes through. I am sure that you all had the option to play Alcorn; thus, they were dropped. Maybe this is some Casem ish!!!!!

This is really really sad. Sometimes I wonder about the SWAC. Is the only way we can win an out of conference game is to schedule the likes of Benedict College and those other loser schools we love to play. Have we no courage? Have we no shame.

But we always like to stick our chest out and talk about how good we are. This is ridiculous and really the doing of Rudy.

We have no competitive spirit, no ambition, no drive, no shame. This is lower than low.

JSU is the only school in the SWAC that can compete outside of the conference.

Southern, why dont you replace FAMU with Benedict. We are tired of seeing them drag yalls sorry ass all across the field. And while you at it, why not schedule Southern Lab?

The SWAC is getting sadder and sadder.

Eggs Benedict just resurrected its extinct football program in 1995. How can you lames stoop so low???

Why not schedule West Monroe High or something???

Damn!!!!

This is really sad.:bawling:

Fouthern I hear Spelman has a 6 woman intramural team with a open spot in October. Why not play them?

GR how is Blackburn Middle School looking?

Originally posted by Get Ready

JSU is the only school in the SWAC that can compete outside of the conference.

The SWAC is getting sadder and sadder.

Post JSU's playoff record over ------------------>

:teleport:
You guys are funny az hell.

Take it from me, FAMU coach Billy Joe, let it be known at the Coaches Convention in ATL in January... This ain?t the year to be going to Baton Rouge to play Southern. They are loaded, and if you didn?t catch them in their down year this year, it?s probably going to be hard to get them this coming season... IT IS A KNOWN FACT IN THE NCAA, every division I-AA and D-II school was contact about coming to Baton Rouge... Noone retunred the call.

The CIAA Champ- Winston-Salem State, turned down a big payday.

The SIAC/BCF Champ- Tuskegee, turned down a big payday.

The I-AA schools that considered it, wanted a payday equivalent to what I-A schools give us I-AA's. Only one school replied, and they wanted a return date in 2002.

SU refused because it would have given SU only 3 home dates in 2002 (previous committments to Classics/other schools.

I love reading some of these post, some of you are insightful, yet trust me, you ARE NOT being taken seriously.

I would say though, it does make for interesting conversations over the net or on the phone between friends, foes and those who just LOVE the SWAC and the 10 BEST HBCU's in the land.

:teleport:

Gor God's sake rudy, do something!

Originally posted by Anonymous
IT IS A KNOWN FACT IN THE NCAA, every division I-AA and D-II school was contact about coming to Baton Rouge... Noone retunred the call.

What does this say about your school and your AD? You placed over 200 phone calls and no one would call you back? SU is sadder than I thought.

why are u all worry about who we play.
i see the look of concern on your faces.
Do not worry we are coming to your stadium opps,i mean the man stadium on oct 13 please have your rent played by then

U jackson people are so funny

u all said that this is sad but we do have a DI school on our schedule can u all say the same. holla back

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY, HOME OF THE MIGHTY JAGUARS, has won 3 out of the last 4 SWAC titles and has just come off of a 3 year winning streak. We are Jsue's DADDY. Dont question what grown folks do. We have mopped you butts worse than the 13 remdial PWC in the short bus playoffs. If we chose to play D2 New Haven we are still Jsue's DADDY and a child does not question their parent. You people are shaking in you boots because you know that we will have no mercy on the SWAC this year. Look for a hundred or so grey hounds, about hundred or so rec. vehicles, few thousand cars and a predominate Jaguar crowd at memorial where we will beat you like you stole work study checks under the colonel's confederate flag. After we finish with you the "massa" may not allow you to continue to "sharecrop" at Confederate Memorial Stadium. And if Jsue's DADDY wants be make a charitable contribution to a UNCF institution by giving them a payday just remember "they are not asking for a handout just a hand." It is not like we have not given Jsue some of their best paydays. I know you are our child but dont be selfish.

[Edited by JROCK on 02-11-01 at 11:37 PM]

I saw Benedict's band last year....

their band is small (like a 9 piece order of chicken McNuggets) but they're cute and entertaining

cause they're a church school, they play mostly gospel songs during the halftime show

but i liked 'em

they were cute

:D

I dont care how many excuses you make, this is sad. Benny College? Lets imagine yall are as bad as yall say yall are (even though your QB is garbage), are you telling me that everyone is the country is scared of yall? Man, this is a new one.

Here is a team that barely made .500, but everyone in the country is scared of them cause of what they have coming back. Nevermind they had the exact thing coming back last year.

Wait a minute.....this is more of that Southernese language aint it. No matter how sorry you are, no matter how dumb your coaches are, no matter how much you are an embarrassment to the SWAC, everyone is still going to be scared of you, right?

Wheew Im glad I fugured that out in time. I was starting to think logical again.

Hello Clarice

Again, they are just trying to ensure a 6-5 season. They scared to play real teams. Making excuses like a brothas in jail. Pregnant teenagers. Jesse Jackson. Jimmy Swaggert.

Y'all punks went and scheduled a piss poor, bible toting, gospel playing at halftime band having, team that got drug like 62-10 by Mo Brown last year. Y'all are beyond shame I see. Not a good NAIA squad, but one of its worst.

Bring that arse to Jackson and we will show how a real team plays. You'll do good to score 10 points this time. Cowards. This act of cowardice shows that the Dolls have a bigger set of balls than your football team. A bunch of pansies. Y'all should dress out in blue and gold tu tu's, accentuated with pink stripes down the side and a yellow strip down their backs.

But robber... we've only lost in Jackson ONCE in the last 10 years. Why do you expect to win this time?

Cause y'all SUck. That's why. Bring that remedial team to Jackson and see it get dismantled. Like I said, y'all will do good to score 10 points this year.

Somebody gonna get embarrassed.:D

This is sad.:bawling:

Pete send help.

This is sad SU. Concentrate on that Little poor black bible college. My God is a vengeful God.

The SWAC is in serious decline. Why must we play a team with the football in one hand and the good book in the other.

GR

What I cant understand is that these are the same people that couldnt stop laughing when we played New Haven, now they play NAIA D4 Benny College. Maybe JSU should tee it up with Belhaven or Tougaloo.

Any school that plays against a bible College is <font size=1> small time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back