Four Remaining Baseball Programs Set to Depart From The MEAC Joining The Northeast Conference

MUMFORD

Master Tiger Fricasseer
Wow. What a sad development. The MEAC A.D.s and Presidents are basically employing 'Afro-Engineering" to hold the conference together. :-(

Last edited:

chrisd

NCCU dropped baseball after the 2021 season. Howard dropped baseball after the 2003 season, not sure if the other two schools ever played baseball.

unknown1

And some of you will still stay it's better to make a commitment to that conference because they're black schools. The MEAC is falling apart. Those with sense are already gone.

JAGSC

Mark my words if Howard wins the CB this year, they will be out the MEAC before spring. This conference is falling apart

SUjagTILLiDIE

NCCU dropped baseball after the 2021 season. Howard dropped baseball after the 2003 season, not sure if the other two schools ever played baseball.
Yep, I remember Howard visiting SU in 03 for
A series. They had a couple of kids from New Orleans and I remember a article in the Advocate saying they were shuttering their program.

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
And some of you will still stay it's better to make a commitment to that conference because they're black schools. The MEAC is falling apart. Those with sense are already gone.

It STILL looks foolish to bolster another conference when you got a whole living breathing conference that you are in.

And in case people wanna say "but what about BCU and FAMU", they were supposed to be the reason why Hampton and A&T left only to A&T to bounce again from the BS to more travel leaving Hampton pretty much on an island.

The Professor

It STILL looks foolish to bolster another conference when you got a whole living breathing conference that you are in.

And in case people wanna say "but what about BCU and FAMU", they were supposed to be the reason why Hampton and A&T left only to A&T to bounce again from the BS to more travel leaving Hampton pretty much on an island.

You do realize Hampton left the Big South for the CAA 1st right? They play a full CAA schedule this fall

And in the CAA , they will split North and South. I know u don't believe but u will see this Fall. A&T is in CAA for all sports but Football and Bowling

Last edited:

The Professor

Someone should turn this MEAC situation into a documentary

Should be entitled inept leadership.

The issue is very basic honestly. Every school isn't as invested to keep the conference going. Hence why 4 of the 8 offer baseball. And other have dropped programs in the last 20 years.

It's not strategy or a plan on how to grow and develop the MEAC and its brand. Which imo should be more basketball focused