Former Prairie View A&M Women's Head Basketball Coach takes the Head job at SMU

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Coach Toyelle moved from PVAMU to a assistant job at Baylor where she won a National Championship and then on to Michigan last season and now she's back in Texas as the Head Coach and 1st Black Head Coach at the SMU

Scary situation for coach Toyelle

Assistant coach Toyelle Wilson described the situation in a tweet after the landing, noting that the team had to use the oxygen masks that deploy in emergencies....

Emergency Landing

the women coaches don't dress the same once they leave SWAC lol

they know they're the "center of attention" if they choose to be in the SWAC

So she ain't got it like this is what yall saying...

thick-HBCUcoach.jpg

Last edited:

Good luck. SMU is a very expensive school.

Very. Damned. Expensive. lol

Howard was expensive for 4 semesters (grad sch). But that deal @ SMU was some backdoor/board of director privilege stuff just to get it lowered for 3 semesters while attending. I fell out w/ ol' dude and his graces so they wanted me to pursue on my own dime w/ loans/student-teaching and such. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... lol

Very. Damned. Expensive. lol

Howard was expensive for 4 semesters (grad sch). But that deal @ SMU was some backdoor/board of director privilege stuff just to get it lowered for 3 semesters while attending. I fell out w/ ol' dude and his graces so they wanted me to pursue on my own dime w/ loans/student-teaching and such. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... lol

I think, $76,000 with tuition and board is pretty expensive. Good luck trying recruit young sistas.

Back