FAMU BOT VOTES TO TERMINATE IT'S PRESIDENT.

Rattlermania

It's not sports but it is a blockbuster. In an regularly scheduled meeting on the FAMU BOT, a motion was made to dismiss the president. The non agenda item was seconded and after a fist fight and short discussion, The Board voted to end the President's contract December 31.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Rattlermania said:
It's not sports but it is a blockbuster. In an regularly scheduled meeting on the FAMU BOT, a motion was made to dismiss the president. The non agenda item was seconded and after a fist fight and short discussion, The Board voted to end the President's contract December 31.

First they come to blows, then they discuss. :smh:

Rattlermania said:
The non agenda item was seconded and after a fist fight and short discussion, The Board voted to end the President's contract December 31.
Logged in as Get Ready:

This was in Baton Rouge right?
The President that they fired was Tarver right?
This is sad.

Strike Again said:
Is the MEAC board down?

It's been down since early in the meeting. Right before the vote. I'm happy with the vote, not very confident in the board make the right decision on his replacement though.

Is this true? What? What about the fighting...did this really happen or is this a joke?

Fighting?.....playoffs...playoffs.. :spin:

:shame: This is sad if true... Why does the MEAC board go down everytime something like this happens?

GRAM4LIFE said:
:shame: This is sad if true... Why does the MEAC board go down everytime something like this happens?

If you're trying to insinuate that the owner pulls the board, that's far from the truth. My guess would be the amount of server hits that the board is getting at the same time. Most of the FAMU faithful have been discussing this in private as well as giving play by play for those of us that couldnt get the meeting on the FAMUcast.

Not insinuating anything... You read what you want into it. Like I said, that board goes down everytime something like this happens. The reason might very well be what you said.

Man...don't believe that mess for a minute Gram. You know as I know they run that board over there. And like you said...everytime something like this goes down they shut down the board. I guess they didn't want a riot to break out on the fanpage among the rattlers. You know how uncivil they can be at times.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Skegee/FAMU posted the following on Onnidan...

http://onnidan.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002487;p=2

Author Topic: FAMU BOT VOTES TO TERMINATE IT'S PRESIDENT
SkegeeFAMU

Trustee Chairman
Member # 274

posted September 28, 2004 02:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TV coverage of the termination.

http://www.wctv6.com/

Then go to feature video column and check the "Fireworks at FAMU Board Meeting", and the "FAMU Board Meeting Update Boxes", then click on play all checked. You could tell that the events of the board meeting were unsettling even to to TV reporter.

--------------------
Tuskegee University- 2000 HBCU Football National Champions!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Stone Mountain (Atlanta), GA | Registered: Mar 2000 | IP: Logged |

GRAM4LIFE said:
Not insinuating anything... You read what you want into it. Like I said, that board goes down everytime something like this happens. The reason might very well be what you said.

You've probably been around a bit longer than me, but how many times has "something like this" happened? What are you talking about?

Just a note. There is not a Rattler on the MEAC board who was not aware of this liklihood prior to the meeting. No real surprise here.

The board seems to go down when bad news has been coming out recently. That's all I'm saying... I sure wasn't counting.

GRAM4LIFE said:
The board seems to go down when bad news has been coming out recently. That's all I'm saying... I sure wasn't counting.
Since you put it out there, be more specific! Or are you just talking out of....

Folks, I've seen Gainous as a Jeb Bush-Al Cardenas stooge from way back

*Cardenas is a Bush-installed member of the FAMU BOT and the former GOP chief for the state of Florida

a lot of tampering with Fla's Black college flagship

Rattlermania said:
It's not sports....

True - ?can we move this thread to The Round Table?

GRAM4LIFE said:
I remember when the whole 1-A debacle was going down, were blasting the h#ll out of FAMU. That would have been a "great time" for the board to go down, but it was still up through the beatings. It was also up when they had those self-reported NCAA violations. That was at least as embarassing than this, especially for a sports board.

When was the last time it was down, and what trouble was FAMU in at the time?

Back