ESPNU to launch on '03-04-05'

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
ESPNU, a multi-media college sports initiative including a new 24-hour television network, will launch on Friday, March 4, 2005, it was announced by Burke Magnus, ESPNU Vice President and General Manager.

The "03-04-05" launch date will help tip off the next day's start of Championship Week, ESPN and ESPN2's annual franchise featuring comprehensive coverage of men's and women's college basketball conference tournaments. ESPNU's first week of programming will include approximately 25 additional live conference tournament games (not currently on ESPN or ESPN2).

"March is a memorable time for college sports fans," Magnus said. "Given that, the start of Championship Week and the added bonus of the easy-to-remember '03-04-05' date, the launch timing is ideal. ESPNU will become a destination for the rich passion and pageantry of intercollegiate athletics."
Read the story

Damn, All this means is that my cable bill will go up even more. Next to my Mortgage, my cable bill is the highest bill I have every month.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The Women?s Championship game at 5:00p (CT) on Saturday, March 12 th , is scheduled for ?live? national coverage on the new ESPNU network.

Not on Cox either. I have emailed them asking when they will add it to the lineup. No response yet.

Don't be suprise that they show it on one of the ESPN Alt channels until it gets a dedicated channel on most cable systems.

Here's the response I received from Cox when I emailed them about adding ESPNU and CSTV

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have no immediate plans to launch these channels. However, we are
constantly evaluating our line-up in an effort to maintain customer
satisfaction. We'll be happy to pass on this request to our programming
department. Thanks for your feedback. And thanks for choosing Cox
Communications!

:(

cat daddy said:
Here's the response I received from Cox when I emailed them about adding ESPNU and CSTV

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have no immediate plans to launch these channels. However, we are
constantly evaluating our line-up in an effort to maintain customer
satisfaction. We'll be happy to pass on this request to our programming
department. Thanks for your feedback. And thanks for choosing Cox
Communications!

:(

Typical White folx response.

Direct TV ch 609 and I think they're going to simulcast the initial lunch on ESPN2.

Wondering what ESPNU is all about? Well, here are some of the answers. Be sure to take a look at our syllabus.

What: ESPNU, a multi-media college sports initiative including a new 24-hour television network

When: Launching "03-04-05" - Friday, March 4, 2005, the eve of Championship Week (a week-long series of basketball conference tournament games)

Where: ESPNU is available on DirecTV Channel 609, or you can call your cable operator and tell them you want ESPNU on your system.

Multi-Media Effort: In addition to the TV network, ESPNU content and components will be featured across ESPN's services, such as ESPN.com, ESPN The Magazine , ESPN Mobile (wireless), ESPN Radio, ESPN Interactive, ESPN360 (broadband), merchandising and more.

Back