ESPN Bracketology

That's sad even the independents have a higher rating.They should let the big schools on the bubble play the "play-in" game. Schools from small conferences should not be penalize by playing the play in game. And I don't buy that sale where they say that the "play-in" game is the tournament. They why call it a "play-in" game if that's the case.

pbla said:
That's sad even the independents have a higher rating.They should let the big schools on the bubble play the "play-in" game. Schools from small conferences should not be penalize by playing the play in game. And I don't buy that sale where they say that the "play-in" game is the tournament. They why call it a "play-in" game if that's the case.

Dude it's espn bracket not the ncaa.

He!! If this happened I wouldn't mind playing Duke. I know they will kill us but J J Reddick will do his usual thing. In the ATL Regional isn't bad either. I prefer the NIT. :lol:

bluedog said:
Dude it's espn bracket not the ncaa.

That's true, but I think his point was more towards conference champions being penalized and placed in the play-in game while bubble teams from the larger conferences get a free pass.

JaguarNation99 said:
That's true, but I think his point was more towards conference champions being penalized and placed in the play-in game while bubble teams from the larger conferences get a free pass.

True but..........

Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Play-in game is Lipscomb (A-Sun) vs. Southern (SWAC).
Comments? E-mail Joe.

bluedog said:
True but..........

Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Play-in game is Lipscomb (A-Sun) vs. Southern (SWAC).
Comments? E-mail Joe.
I think Jackson St played them this year and beat them. I think SU can match them. :nod:

pbla said:

Ditto

JaguarNation99 said:

The basic format of any tournament is to place the weaker teams against the stronger teams. What's the difference here?

I blame our schools for going 0-20 against the top teams instead of scheduling winnable teams like Southland, MEAC, etc. Having a respectble record against these conferences would allow us to skip the play-in game.

Let's not get the buggy b4 the horse thing......
SU needs to concentrate on winning the SWAC tourney 1st.

It was about 4 yrs. ago when PV won the regular season. There was
a weekly update of what seeding they would receive. PV didn't make
the conference tourney finals.

This season (similar to the yr. PV won reg. season), there's not much
drop in the 1st place team and 7th place team. Anyone can be beaten.
IMO, the bracket is worthless now.

Now everything is changed. If it was to start SU would play Belmont (A-SUN) in the play in game. the winner play UCONN Huskies. :nod: Also NWLA (Southland) would get a 14th seed. :tup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology I like this bracketology. But I think the computers should stop giving little school 16th seeds. I think SU should be with Northwestern just a little bit.

Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Play-in game is Georgia Southern (Southern) vs. Southern (SWAC).

LAST UPDATED: 02/24/06

Jag Voice said:
The basic format of any tournament is to place the weaker teams against the stronger teams. What's the difference here?

I blame our schools for going 0-20 against the top teams instead of scheduling winnable teams like Southland, MEAC, etc. Having a respectble record against these conferences would allow us to skip the play-in game.

In reality, playing those top teams actually helps the conference. If you look at the RPI rankings formula, 50 % of the ranking comes from strength of schedule, 25 % comes from your opponents' strength of schedule, and the remaining 25 % comes from your overall record. So that's 3/4ths of the formula tied into schedule strength, so it helps not only when we play stronger teams, but when other teams in the conference do so as well.

Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Play-in game is Fairleigh Dickinson (NEC) vs. Southern (SWAC).

3/06/06

A potential play-in game participant Loyola-Marymount could have shaken things up with the Big Dance, but one of their goofy players blew a WIDE OPEN point blank shot last night at the buzzer and they lost 68-67 to Gonzaga.

shaking my damn head @ how bad the guy blew the shot. :smh::smh:
Didn't even draw iron. :smh::smh:

Jag Voice said:

Why not have two bubble teams play for a 10th seed? It is penalizing some
conferences by putting them in a play-in game. Winning the conference
should be what puts them in the 64, not a play in game.

Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Play-in game is Oral Roberts (Mid-Con) vs. Southern (SWAC).

Back