Don Cheadle

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
This is one man that truly does NOT get his props.

don_cheadle(hat-face-med).jpg

http://www.eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=17662

As 2004 draws to a close, Don Cheadle?s film release schedule is just cranking into full gear. The hardest working man in show business this side of Jude Law opens Dec. 10 in ?Ocean?s Twelve,? his second of three films to be released before New Year?s Day.

Much has been said in the press about the cast shacking up at George Clooney?s villa in Lake Como, Italy.

?We had to pay, it's not like it was free,? Cheadle joked during interviews for the film earlier this mongh. ?They gave us a cut rate, sure.:

?I thought that it was generous,? Clooney replied.

In this sequel to 2001?s ?Ocean?s Eleven,? Danny Ocean (Clooney) and his band of thieves regroup for a series of international heists to repay the $160 million stolen from Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia) at a Las Vegas hotel. Cheadle returns ? accent and all ? as British explosives expert Eugene ?Basher? Tarr, who joins returning crooks played by Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Bernie Mac, Elliot Gould, Casey Affleck Scott Caan and Carl Reiner in such exotic locations as Amsterdam, Paris, Monte Carlo and Castellamare del Golfo in Sicily.

?[Director] Steven [Soderbergh] set the tone and could've really been safe and tried to do the same thing again--but this film was a complete departure,? Cheadle said. ?It was almost more fun, I think, and a lot more cinematic. It just opened up, which is neat.?

Before jetting off around the world to begin the shoot, initial production began in Chicago, where the cast gathered together for the first time in three years.

?The first day we just stood around for two hours talking,? he said. ?We were just kind of reminiscing and talking about different things that we'd made, and Steven was walking through us just getting reacquainted. And then after a couple of hours we were like, 'Are we going to shoot? Are we going to work today?' We all had lunch and came back and Steven had all these chalk marks drawn out on the floor and angles and heights and had done the whole thing in his head. You see that scene now, you see what he did and it's remarkable.?

Besides the addition of Catherine Zeta Jones as polished Europol agent Isabel Lahiri hot on their trail, another departure from the original film?s concept is the perfection of the heists. Jobs in ?Twelve? don?t go down as smoothly as the thefts in ?Eleven.?

?I think that it's a lot more fun working and playing people who are totally fallible and screwing up,? said Cheadle. ?That's a lot more fun. It was a lot more fun this time around.?

Hot on the heels of ?After the Sunset,? ?Ocean?s Twelve? will hit theaters next Friday, to be followed two weeks later by his Oscar-worthy turn in ?Hotel Rwanda,? due in limited release on Dec. 22. The true story stars the recent Gotham Award winner as Paul Rusesabagina, a hotel manager who sheltered over a thousand Tutsis refugees from the Hutu militia during the genocide in Rwanda. Cheadle actually shot the film before reunited with the A-listers to film ?Ocean?s.?

?It was great to do 'Ocean's' because it was kind of a respite from what I'd been doing just before that, and I got to sort of reunite with all of these friends. We'd think of movie ideas on the set and be really creative and think about other projects that we wanted to pursue later. So it's just been a cool breeding ground in a good way, a great Petri dish for everyone.?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sure wish that he and Denzel would do another movie from Walter Mosley's Easy Rawlings series. Mouse and Easy made one hell of a team.

I gotta say my favorite scenes from this actor come from Devil in a Blue Dress....especialy when he shoots ole boy that was trying to kill Denzel

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
I gotta say my favorite scenes from this actor come from Devil in a Blue Dress....especialy when he shoots ole boy that was trying to kill Denzel
oh yes...:jump: That was the bomb movie...he did great in that one. :tup:

BLAQUE PRINCE said:

co-sign. i also loved him in the rat pack, rosewood, and ocean's 11.

Good post, 93.

I have to echo everyone's thoughts about Don Cheadle, and I'm really looking forward to "Hotel Rowanda.
"
His body of work is incredible, and you guys are right, he definielty flies under the radar; at least in the public's eyes, but not in Hollywood's eyes, because he's cast in so many different projects it's good to know that they recognize his talent, and genious.

Just to see he'll have major parts in 3 movies in the box office at the same time is remarkable. Sadly, the only thing holding him back is he's not overly handsome. If he had leading man looks, he'd be mentioned with Denzel, and Will Smith.

This brother has come a long way since Colors.

NICE

BLAQUE PRINCE said:

His role as Mouse was SO GOOD!! I have always liked him, but we never see enough of him. I've been trying to figure out why he hasn't really 'busted out'. He is a fantastic actor and can play any role and make it look so easy.

He can be serious or funny. Maybe with two movies out, he'll finally get the recognition he deserves.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
BLAQUE PRINCE said:

Yah mane, u took the world right outta my mouth --- i've been watching for Don since that movie right dere!

It's funny that you make this post...I was just telling my sister that Cheadle played the roll of Sammy Davis, Jt. then turned around and played the exact roll that Sammy played in Ocean's 11. The guy is talented.

To go along with the title of this thread, he was not mentioned in the credits of "Ocean's Eleven". I remember hearing something about him not being satisfied with his performance or something.

Don Cheadle, a Star But Still in Character

By Teresa Wiltz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, January 6, 2005; Page C01

Consider Don Cheadle, the character actor's actor. He is, shall we say, "almost famous," the guy who first stole the show from Denzel Washington in "Devil in a Blue Dress," and then moved on to stealing thunder from the likes of George Clooney, Michael Douglas and Sean Penn. He's the bit player who, at long last, is getting his chance to be the guy who appears above the credits. Finally, after nearly two decades in the business, Cheadle gets to play the leading man, starring in "Hotel Rwanda," a big, beefy role based on a real-life horror story, a tale rich with drama and big acting Moments.

Let's take a moment, then, to consider the character actor. His is the role of the perpetual second banana, consigned to appear briefly on camera, illuminated with a flash that all too quickly recedes. Careers are built on being the hey-that's-the-guy-who, the steady freddy who can be relied on to get the job done but rarely gets to play front and center.

So it is interesting to note that, when faced with such an opportunity in "Hotel Rwanda," Cheadle, stealer of thunder, second-bananas himself in interviews about the film. It's his time to shine -- he also produced his first movie last year and directs his first in 2005, and his star turn is already generating Oscar buzz -- but he'd rather talk about the story behind "Hotel Rwanda," which opens in Washington tomorrow.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51952-2005Jan5.html?referrer=email

Jam Piper Jam said:
Don Cheadle, a Star But Still in Character

By Teresa Wiltz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, January 6, 2005; Page C01

Consider Don Cheadle, the character actor's actor. He is, shall we say, "almost famous," the guy who first stole the show from Denzel Washington in "Devil in a Blue Dress," and then moved on to stealing thunder from the likes of George Clooney, Michael Douglas and Sean Penn. He's the bit player who, at long last, is getting his chance to be the guy who appears above the credits. Finally, after nearly two decades in the business, Cheadle gets to play the leading man, starring in "Hotel Rwanda," a big, beefy role based on a real-life horror story, a tale rich with drama and big acting Moments.

Let's take a moment, then, to consider the character actor. His is the role of the perpetual second banana, consigned to appear briefly on camera, illuminated with a flash that all too quickly recedes. Careers are built on being the hey-that's-the-guy-who, the steady freddy who can be relied on to get the job done but rarely gets to play front and center.

So it is interesting to note that, when faced with such an opportunity in "Hotel Rwanda," Cheadle, stealer of thunder, second-bananas himself in interviews about the film. It's his time to shine -- he also produced his first movie last year and directs his first in 2005, and his star turn is already generating Oscar buzz -- but he'd rather talk about the story behind "Hotel Rwanda," which opens in Washington tomorrow.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51952-2005Jan5.html?referrer=email

Oscar winner or nomination for sure! :tup:

Back