Do all college students now days have new cars?!

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
When I was in school, at the very best if your family was well off, we had hoopties for the most part. Today I can't tell most college mugz on the yard from dang mugz with jobs/families/kids! I see college mugz rolling around in transportation vastly beyond my wheels. How do yall do it?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is a REFUND CHECK!!

Man, a friend of mine is about to get over <b>5 grand</b> in a refund check!!! As a matter of fact, it's closer to <b>6Gs!!</b> I wish I could get half that!! I need a car, too!!

I don't know what they do to get these cars. It's alot of SUVs here and most of them have pipes, systems, and are sitting on them <b>grown men (20 inch rims)!!</b> I don't know where these people are getting this money but I wish they would let me have some of it!!

There is a guy on campus that has a <b>Yukon XL on dubs!!</b> He's in the Army and everything, but still!!!

PT Cruisers, Yukons, Beamers and Mercedes?!

I was rolling around through Tuskegee, and all the students are back in town,,,,, and I'm like, uuuh what do these mugz have to look forward to after college? Let's see,,,, Bentleys?! :eek2:

Back in my era the fellas was rollin' around in "struggle-buggies" like that car Dap & his boys in School Daze! :D I drove my roomate to Montgomery in my S-B and he bought a used 1973 Mercury (capri?) for $700 dollars on sell in front of a gas station and road dat mug from 84-90!:D

But I understand,,, each generations says the same thing. Pops was blasting us for having to have cars at Tuskegee. Mug was like, "look, get-cho arse up there on campus,,, you don't got to go nowhere to eat,,, you can eat right there in the cafe (barf-gag,, :rolleyes: ),,, and stay yo arse up there until you graduate." i was like, pops, POPS,,, we're not talking 1950s when gramps nem put you/momz on the bus wit ONE suitcase and a one-way ticket to Montgomery/ASU my man!:p

More things change,, blah, blah. Some of you mugz now days "got it made" doe! :lmao:

My dad is one of those ole fashioned type guys too. I spent my entire undergrad days and first year of professional school without a car this modern day. So, you know I had it bad. The car that I drive right now until I graduate in May is almost 10 years old. But I'm with the rest of you, I don't know where all this money is coming from for these college students. Everyone has a car.

And How!

Pops wanted me to stay on the yard the entire time in school. Thank goodness for summer internships!:D :D :D

I was able to store up enough money to pay my half of the rent through the school year till the summers. (we paid a wopping $225, $112.50 a piece rent at the time for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house and later the same for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment.:D )

It's going to be fun heckling my niece who's getting ready to go to college. "car? you don't need no car! you git on up dere and get dem books young lady. i don't care if dey do be laughing at you, you just get dem books!:mad: " ,,, this is going to be fun now that I'm on the other side! :p

but HOW DO THEY DO IT?!??!?

Man, I've been wantin to know where these cats get these smooth rides ever since I was on Da Hill!! Someone said sometimes legal, sometimes illegal. Oh well :( Somone else said they got a $6G refund! Dagum! :eek: Where was I when they were passing out these big bills?? Still, that ain't enough for the phat rides many of these students roll!! I thought I was doin' allright with my 10-year old Grand Marquis (gas guzzler), but then folks ride past me in suped-up 4-runners, Expeditions, & all else. I never understood it!

I think they were maxing out credit, personally. There's gonna be some serious debt to deal with for the rest of their lives ;)

let me tell you, Tuskegee(the city) is surreal.

If you want to see the ultimate dichotomy just drive through Tuskegee while the semester is in. It never ceases to amaze me going back to see all the phat rides and all the out of state tags rolling around in one of the, if not THE, poorest counties in the state/nation in the eastern end of the rural Alabama Black Belt.:(

I can't imagine what Booker T. and G.W. Carver must be thinking seeing all the "college affluence" that's present today.

Then again, I guess it's all relative. Back at the turn of the century there were probably mugz rolling up to Tuskegee et al in horses and carriages and that was like a college mug with a Mercedes SUV back then.:D

Originally posted by Bartram
When I was in school, at the very best if your family was well off, we had hoopties for the most part. Today I can't tell most college mugz on the yard from dang mugz with jobs/families/kids! I see college mugz rolling around in transportation vastly beyond my wheels. How do yall do it?

WELL I GOT A JOB MY JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL, AND I JOINED THE NATIONAL GUARD, WHEN I CAME BACK THAT SUMMER. I GOT A TWO THOUSAND ONE OLDSMOBILE ALERO

HOVA HAS SPOKEN

THE ORINGAL EN-TRA-PO-NEGRO

SWAC HAMMER

<----- junior and drives a 2001 Ford Expedition....Eddie Bauer edition. I don't do anything illegal...but I do get a little assistance from my parents for it. The fact that i'm on academic scholarship helps.:D

hell I'm on a full academic scholarship, turned down a full band scholarship, and it was like pulling teeth to get a 93 Ford Explorer out of them. (Guess that's where I get my cheap ways from)

EITHER REFUND CHECKS, ILLEGAL THINGS, OR RICH PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK IT IS BETTER NOT HAVING A CAR, BECAUSE YOU CAN MEET FEMALES BETTER THAT WAY!!!!!!

Back