Debate: House or Stock

Da_Sperm

I was watching this talk show on which is the better investment, a house or stock on TV on July 4th. Based on the numbers, the stock market has had a 7% return on average every year for the past 30 years compared to the housing market, which has a 4% return per year.

A great example used by one of the panelist was Warren Buffet vs Donald Trump. Warren Buffet invested ONE MILLION DOLLARS and it turned into THREE BILLION DOLLARS and D.T invested ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS and it turned into FOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS.

The trick about a stock is knowing when to buy it and people simply are not familiar enough with the market to be successful at buying stocks.

I must admit, I am PRO REAL ESTATE, but my best RETURNS have come from buying STOCKS.

Frat I will go with the house because of it being one of the most tangible liquid assests. It just depends the person being a risk taker when it comes to stock.

House.........

One can't live in a stock certificate during a Bear Market. :lol: :emlaugh:

Shelter is a necessity. So if you take a soaking buying a house doesn't really matter. I believe the stock market is a better investment.

House.........

One can't live in a stock certificate during a Bear Market. :lol: :emlaugh:

LOL...

Houses are better for living in for sure....even though in a Bear Market you might not have a job for long anyway. lol

Back