Dear Uapb.....aka Peanut Butta !!!!!

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
I HAD A CHANCE TO VISIT YOUR CAMPUS FOR THE FIRST TIME ON MONDAY. (the short riding tour) YOU HAVE A VERY NICE CAMPUS WITH MANY POSITIVE THINGS GOING ON. BIG UPS ON YOUR FOOTBALL STADIUM. THOSE TWO FULL SIZED LION STATUES YOU HAVE AS YOU ENTER THE STADIUM ARE GREAT :tup: THE STADIUM IS WELL KEPT. YOU GUYS ARE BUYING UP PROPERTY LIKE CRAZY (PLAZA DOWN THE STREET AND THE PUBLIC HOUSING AREA NEXT TO THE STADIUM) EXPANSION IS GREAT. I LISTENED TO 89.7 :tup: I EVEN SAW THE LEGENDARY P.J.'S. YOU SHOULD TRULY BE PROUD.
I wish I knew how to post pictures....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
I HAD A CHANCE TO VISIT YOUR CAMPUS FOR THE FIRST TIME ON MONDAY. (the short riding tour) YOU HAVE A VERY NICE CAMPUS WITH MANY POSITIVE THINGS GOING ON. BIG UPS ON YOUR FOOTBALL STADIUM. THOSE TWO FULL SIZED LION STATUES YOU HAVE AS YOU ENTER THE STADIUM ARE GREAT :tup: THE STADIUM IS WELL KEPT. YOU GUYS ARE BUYING UP PROPERTY LIKE CRAZY (PLAZA DOWN THE STREET AND THE PUBLIC HOUSING AREA NEXT TO THE STADIUM) EXPANSION IS GREAT. I LISTENED TO 89.7 :tup: I EVEN SAW THE LEGENDARY P.J.'S. YOU SHOULD TRULY BE PROUD.

So that was you I saw with the Grambling State license plate holder on the front of your ride..:cool:

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

Thanks, MACH! I really love what is going on at UAPB (PHYSICALLY, that is). The only issue I have is that I can't see the Belltower when I sit in front of the Student Union. THAT is going to take some getting used to.

Otherwise, Chancellor Davis is doing some great things, and I am very proud of him! :tup:

Originally posted by pbla
So that was you I saw with the Grambling State license plate holder on the front of your ride..:cool:

:smh: NOPE!! BUT I DID SEE A FEW OF THOSE IN PINE BLUFF AND LIL'ROCK :tup:

not to be negative but.... ummmmm did you see the same campus that I saw two times last year???? I have to put that up there with the worst that I have visited. Now the stadium is nice and the gym was pretty aight.. but the campus was horrible as far as buildings and landscaping.

they gym needs renovating also. I went in there and it reminds me of a bigger Alcorn gym...and if you been to Alcorn you know how that looks.

But UAPB has invested solely in football and is still waiting on a return investment.

Originally posted by DAHILL
not to be negative but.... ummmmm did you see the same campus that I saw two times last year???? I have to put that up there with the worst that I have visited. Now the stadium is nice and the gym was pretty aight.. but the campus was horrible as far as buildings and landscaping.

:rolleyes:

Man two years ago UAPB was in the process of construction of three new buildings. Also construction just started 3 months ago on the new dorms. And Mach said he was there just this past Monday. sheeesh!

But this weekend I will take photos of the campus and will post them later.

Hopefully I want forget!:cool:

Originally posted by pbla

Man two years ago UAPB was in the process of construction of three new buildings. Also construction just started 3 months ago on the new dorms. And Mach said he was there just this past Monday. sheeesh!

But this weekend I will take photos of the campus and will post them later.

Hopefully I want forget!:cool:

If you read WHAT I say and not try to read INTO what I say you would be better off... I said TWO times LAST YEAR, not TWO years ago. I stayed in Pine Bluff the whole weekend, kicked it with friends in the dorm, walked around the whole campus, both for the UAPB and JSU game and the UAPB and AAMU game. Looked like another Miles College.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
they gym needs renovating also. I went in there and it reminds me of a bigger Alcorn gym...and if you been to Alcorn you know how that looks.

But UAPB has invested solely in football and is still waiting on a return investment.

So, I guess we built a business building, and education building, are renovating the science building, have spent millions on one of the FEW aquaculture programs in the COUNTRY, and are in the process of clearing land for a new student housing complex because we are invested SOLELY in football.

NESS

If you read WHAT I say and not try to read INTO what I say you would be better off... I said TWO times LAST YEAR, not TWO years ago. I stayed in Pine Bluff the whole weekend, kicked it with friends in the dorm, walked around the whole campus, both for the UAPB and JSU game and the UAPB and AAMU game. Looked like another Miles College.

A couple of buildings have been completed since then, and some of the trash from construction has moved. I was there a couple of weeks ago, CJ, and the campus actually DOES look better than it did when you were there for the AAMU game.

Now, I can't account for the appearance of the dorms. Hell, my PARENTS stayed in those dorms. I have never understood the hold up in making the dorms more of a decent place to live for students. But, I stayed at home, soooooo ... I'm just glad the dorms are the next things to be built, and there is going to be a massive renovation of the Student Union building.

The progress is slow, but it IS progress.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wasnt really even referring to the buildings... I honestly dont remember anything about the buildings... but when I personally judge campuses, I look at the overall picture not just buildings..... such things as landscaping, trees, GRASS, plants and flowers and that is where UAPB lost me. Im not dogging the school, just stating an opinion.

I wasnt really even referring to the buildings... I honestly dont remember anything about the buildings... but when I personally judge campuses, I look at the overall picture not just buildings..... such things as landscaping, trees, GRASS, plants and flowers and that is where UAPB lost me. Im not dogging the school, just stating an opinion.

Oh, now I got an idea what you looking at. Well... UAPB definitely have some puddin's.:cool:

You know, black people will never let anything positive stand. There will always be that one person who will have something negative to say.

Bet you didn't know that UAPB has the technology in place to provide CABLE, PHONE, and Internet to the ENTIRE Southeast Arkansas area. No other school in the nation has this capability. Still, UAPB football is one of two sports venues in the US that has the ability to broadcast games live over the internet (College or Professional Sports). Also, all meetings, classes, and events are broadcast live over da net.

Since you stayed in the dorm, I'm sure you noticed the state of the art phone each student has. The phone that sends advertisement across the screen, that allows UAPB to make money from local businesses. But don't believe me, see it for yourself. See what others around the NATION has to say about UAPB taking technology to places no one else has.
Link #1
Link #2
Link #3
New Building and LANDSCAPING
Link #4

Notice, I didn't put a picture of the new football stadium. It is not even one of the top things going at UAPB right now.

Ya gotta admit, though ... most of the grounds are pretty ugly.

Those pictures show construction that has been completed SINCE November. Some of those grounds didn't look like that when I was home at Thanksgiving.

Dahill isn't being negative. He's stating his opinion. And as far as the grounds go, I agree with his opinion.

:)

Originally posted by Vinita

Those pictures show construction that has been completed SINCE November. Some of those grounds didn't look like that when I was home at Thanksgiving.

Dahill isn't being negative. He's stating his opinion. And as far as the grounds go, I agree with his opinion.

:)

Nita Mae, stop being bad!

Originally posted by Vinita

They have just let another landscaping job, they are constructing a plaza between the library and the BA building. With several more projects down the pipeline like turning the old library into University Archives and Cultural Center to house the University Museum, and the John H. Johnson Delta entrepreneurial center.

:) [/B]

Back