Dear HBCU Bands, stop doing these joint half times!

I like it it shows two different styles and cultures joining together we could never seen this 30 years ago I remember when GSU and Arizona did a joint for Super Bowl and alot of those kids did not wanna join the black band !! GSU first did it vs u of h in 2006 and did a good job doing it!! It brings something different to the show I actually like joint shows and give the other band a different type of environment and see how fun it is to be about of our hbcu culture they can copy however they won’t do it right! Isn’t LSU director a Jackson st grad too?i wonder will Grambling do a joint show with them next season

Honestly, to me, it looks like the PWIs are trying to soften the culture shock of having an HBCU in thier house.

First, we would march post game and the crowd would stay and watch.

Next, we would march before the PWI band and everyone would look at thier band crazy.

Then they had a cute phase and would perform a "upbeat" show and do a little two step on the field.

Then we'd march after the PWI show.

Now they have joint performances with us.

It changed over time.

I dont have an issue with it.

If I had my wish, ASU and AAMU bands along with university choirs would do 2 verses of "Lift every voice and sing" prior to the start of the MCC.

Back