Dayum: I missed the Jaguar Journal!

MikeBigg

I saw Carlos Brown logged on this morning. I forgot to listen to the Jaguar Journal. I hardly call in anymore (back when I was Grambling Mike, I used to call) but I do really enjoy the show. Lots of insight into the SWAC and although, SU oriented they try and cover the rest of us. Anyone hear's todays show...what was the major topics discussed.

I'll probably call back and rile up some of the Jaguar callers...especially my old "podnuhs" CJ & Elmo. It doesn't take much (we see each other on the street and the trash talk starts).:cool:

I am heading home next week for my class reunion (hope to see my classmate former SWAC MVP and Jag Melvin Williams -- grew up with him). I will tune into Jag Journal. Is the time 9 or 10 o'clock?

I will definitely rile up some Jags in my dad's barber shop on Sat. Probably tune in from the shop.

Carlos can probably give you a more detailed rundown of what happened but I do remember him saying that the show will move to WXOK in two weeks and air from 8-10am.

There was a female caller that called in and said that Rickie Weeks didn't get his proper props on the local TV sports news programs when he won the Golden Spikes Award.

They were suppose to interview Coach Pete but the phone line connections were so screwed up that he got cut off and they never got him back on.

There were a couple of J-State and Grambling callers that tried to call in and talk SMACK but they were quickly put in their place by Carlos and James Verrett from Channel 9 sports.

AD Floyd Kerr was on during the second hour and talked about the schedule, facilities and fundraising.

That's all I remember for now.

It would be nice if the show could be accessed via the internet or archived and replayed via media player.

Originally posted by JAGWAR
There were a couple of J-State and Grambling callers that tried to call in and talk SMACK but they were quickly put in their place by Carlos and James Verrett from Channel 9 sports.
Just curious, how were they put in their place???

How were they put in their place?

Robber,

The two callers were respectfully EDUCATED and SCHOOLED of the TRUE facts of the topic at hand, and then unceremoniously.....

CUTOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

They probably talked about "The Big Cat" the whole show as usual. Good show though.

Robber
The JSU callers were put in their place by the SU folks saying something like....."oh yeah, well at least the score was tied at halftime...."

Hmmmmmmm

Hello everyone. I enjoy everyone who calls the Jaguar Journal.I enjoy the Grambling fans calling into the show(allthough the GSU fans were silent for 6 months after calling the Jaguar Journal,and declared that the Bayou Classic would be over at Half-Time).Also the JSU fans,that are feeling great after 3-straight wins.I really enjoy both JSU and GSU fans calling into the show.I think the time has come to start up a SWAC Journal Show! The format could be caller driven, information based,and interviews with all coaches of every sports and AD's.Former greats from every school of the Swac,also could be interviewed.For example,here are some of the guest that have appeared on the Jaguar Journal.Mel Blount,Avery Johnson,Doug Williams, Mrs.Bobby Phills,Bretland Moore(Black Voices)and former FAMU great Ken Riley.This concept will allow all the fans of SWAC schools an opportunity to voice there thoughts and comments via the air waves. This concept will not be without a cost from a economic stand point. The financial aspect will have to be addressed.Im planning to talk with Commissioner Vowels,about this sports-talk radio concept,and hopefully he can provide me some insight and economic direction about this matter.Also any fans with sales and business or economic back grounds feel free to contact me.Again this a dream that i would like to see happen!

Back