Current SWAC HC Openings Rumors/Updates

PV-PRIDE

Currently we at least 4 SWAC Head Coaching Vacancies....I figure we need a thread to put all the candidate rumors or actual updates...

What are you hearing at UAPB or Bethune?

Valley is too fresh...

JSU.. well Coach Prime hasn't officially exited the bldg...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This will be Hakim's signature hire (he hired Barney as baseball coach but this will be THE big hire) so he kind of knows this could make or break him. This job will depend on if he sticks to his promise of providing max scxholarships (63) for football or not. If we go into 2023 with 40 scholarships, it's gonna be the same ol Valley (1 mediocre year and 4 bad years)

I expect him to make the right hire and avoid SWAC/HBCU retreads (again see Barney)

Berry at Benedict should be at the top of everyone's list

Our A.D is a rising star himself. He will make a big splash with the new HC hire....LET'S GO VALLEY!

Sources tell FootballScoop that Florida A&M offensive coordinator Joseph Henry, Benedict College head coach Chennis Berry, and former Presbyterian head coach Kevin Kelley are among the finalists to lead the Golden

Last edited:
I think TSU needs an old school coach like Fobbs to complete program turnaround. Mckinney has the program in decent shape.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Jackson State football is close to naming T.C. Taylor, one of the most decorated players in the program's history, to be Deion Sanders' successor with the Tigers, according to FootballScoop.

Taylor, who coached wide receivers under Sanders the past three seasons, is expected to be named the Tigers' next coach, "barring any unforeseen snags."

Looks like Ashley is following Deion's lead after all

They still listening to Daddy lol

But for real, I think this was the best hire as they didn't need to do the celebrity hire thing again and go with someone who will be there 4-5 years

Saw this with Hendricks - get the crowd favorite and see if it works but commit way less so if you have to move on not much lost

If the fan base can get over the Deion effect he'll have a shot but will they?

Back