Could Alabama A&M be owed a half-billion by the state?

US government agencies think so.

You know this topic has already been posted and discussed with great details in these forums (unless I'm wrong and it was in my school's private forum). Still my thoughts since those discussion continue to be one of amazement now that I have been working at another HBCU for the last 6 months.

As a student and graduate of two HBCUs, schoolmates along with myself could not understand why it seemed Presidents talked about money all the time, why they were so conservative, and why there were associations with corporate entities that played a great role in the oppression of Black people in this land.

It slowly took time, but now I completely understand. Now I still do not agree with some givings and actions that have been done but it all makes sense now that I am on the other side. I say all of that to say this, I am so proud that in spite of being financially neglected, "The Hill has thrived!" There is always room for improvement. There will still be challenges from the powers that be. There have been things behind the scenes just like the previous at all of our schools that we all know of that was just messed up. Yet still, if the doors are presently opened for students they have thrived.

Now I'm going off subject but this is for all of us and to keep everybody encouraged. We "US FOlK" are made of something special. Everything can be thrown at us, people can rise up against us, access to places can be denied to us, I honestly don't have faith that the government will do the right thing and give money and reparations owed to us...BUT STILL..... WE CAN"T BE STOPPED. Our surviving HBCUs which are still relevant and needed is living proof!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back