Cost of being a SWAC Fan

Da_Sperm

Its about a week or two away from football season and if you are like me and live in a non-SWAC city, the cost of being a SWAC fan can really add up very quick.

Over the past 5 years, I've have spent as much as $700 over the course of a weekend to attend a SWAC football game and as little as $250. I think we spent about $750 going to/from the SCG last year.

This year, I'm just not going to do it. I'm only going to ONE game (UAPB homecoming) and I plan to attend the GSU/PVU game. It does cost to be a SWAC fan, but also my kids are at the age where they are involved in community activities on the weekends (like my daughter has high school basketball practice every Saturday morning).

I'm probably out of $3K to $4K on SWAC football during a good year. What about you?

Well since my wife doesn't like to go and i haven't had to take the kids it's been reasonable.

This year plans.

Delta State- About $150
SHC- $200 $100 for the tailgate add in a ticket and a new JSU hat and T-shirt.

Valley Game in Itty Bitty- About 150
AAMU Huntsville- 200
Alcorn-$250 plan on taking the wife and kids.

I have not attended any games since college. I am looking to attend either Homecoming or the SU game this season. Cost for either will run over $500 (plane ticket, hotel room, rental car, etc.)...

With 5 people to feed, buy tickets for, and put up in a nice hotel...its easy to spend some big loot.

I am not sure how much we have spent, but because we've often stayed over with friends/family, our costs are cut down tremendously.

Like the weekend of September 1. SU plays FAMU in B'ham. That will cost almost a tank of gas going and coming since we live 1 hour and 15 minutes away. The cost of 3 tickets because, and since we are staying with my grandma-in-law or at my mom-in-law's....

Great timing for this thread Sperm. :slap: I try not to add it all up. However, this is ME time. I deserve it.

The Fall is my costliest time of the year. I have 4 season books, 8 Bayou Classic and battle of the bands tickets. I usually make every GSU game, no matter where it is. Missed one last year because of my uncle's death. Just booked flight and hotel for the GSU v. Univ. of Pittsburgh game. The costly part comes in when you add in my shopping and other excursions while in whatever city the game is in.

Probably around $3000 -$3500...just for me.

I just try not to add it up now.

If I don't take the fam, I can easily spend about 250. When I was staying in Viriginia by myself, I'd have to factor in a flight ticket- Back then, I was going to more games than I am now- boy boy boy.

If I would be able to go to Bham and Chicago I'd be spending a grip. But I plan to catch TnSU, Homecoming, maybe Bama St, and of course Bayou Classic for SU, and try to make it to the MCC. I'll miss SU-JSU...:(

i never add it up. i'm at every home game usually, and most of away games. i don't pay for lodging in Huntsville because my people are still there. i don't pay for lodging in Bham for the Classic because that is the crib and i crash at the house, so hotel for those games outside of those areas, is a very small amount for the season. i probably spend more expenditures like, gas, food, likka, going out, etc...than i do on the actual trip.

ALOT. Especially this year, as I am vigilantly supporting two SWAC schools, an SEC school, my high school, and attending gram games when there are no other options...All in the name of being a Jaguar and a fan of the SWAC.

For a night game in Grambling, I can easily spend about 400.00 for the game/weekend. We have to buy 4 tickets for the game, parking, hotel, tailgate and fuel. It adds up very quickly.

Thank goodness for Frequent Flyer Miles and Hotel Points. I usually save them for the Fall, so when I go to SU games I can spend the night. I usually drive for home games and flight to away games if I go.

So as far as cost goes we spend close to $1,000 with meals, gas, tickets etc on college football.

Probably less than $30 as I'm only going to a home game (and I normally go to 1 or 2.) Parking for free and normally don't partake in concessions unless I get a drink.

Its part of my vacation budget each year. Like ThrowForSix - Its nice to have Frequent Flyer Miles and Hotel Points.

The MCC is a BIG family event for our family, I have to be there every year.

The Gulf Coast Classic is a smaller get together for parts of the family.

Depending on savings and time, I may attend 1 on 2 more ASU football games a year.

Back