Company Stock Plans

Da_Sperm

My company has a stock plan that discounts the purchase of its stock by 15%. The plan works like this, a % is taken out of your check and at the end of each quarter, the company buys stock with the money you have contributed. The stock price is the LOWER of the 1st day of the quarter and the last day, 15% off of course. You can NOT sell that stock until the 1st day of the quarter of the following year. So, if they buy on March 31st, you can't sell until Jan 1st of the next year.

I have some short-term saving goals in mind, I'm wondering would this be a good investment vehicle for short-term savings. Its basically 15% ROI, giving the stock doesn't PLUMMIT.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me... look at the company's historical data of course but this sounds good.

Boeing has the best employee share plan by far. They give you stock for every month you work there regardless of the price. I got a dividend check from them last year and I hadn't worked there for 2 years. I actually forgot about it.

It sounds good, but keep a close eye the stock and performance of the company. Oh and it's also good to have more than one investment vehicle. Remember Enron? NUFF SAID.

Da_Sperm; said:
Its basically 15% ROI, giving the stock doesn't PLUMMIT.

What do you guys think?

That's what I think. Given that these stocks are doing some crazy things now that even (so-call) the Feds dont know what's going on, you may need to be careful.

My company has a stock plan that discounts the purchase of its stock by 15%. The plan works like this, a % is taken out of your check and at the end of each quarter, the company buys stock with the money you have contributed. The stock price is the LOWER of the 1st day of the quarter and the last day, 15% off of course. You can NOT sell that stock until the 1st day of the quarter of the following year. So, if they buy on March 31st, you can't sell until Jan 1st of the next year.

I have some short-term saving goals in mind, I'm wondering would this be a good investment vehicle for short-term savings. Its basically 15% ROI, giving the stock doesn't PLUMMIT.

What do you guys think?

My ex husband participated in a plan like this with Georgia Pacific. Very positive. With anything, if you are skeptical, invest what you can afford to lose.

Back