Colton "Bubba" Adams

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Do they factor in losses or team stats? He should’ve been a lock…
If they factor in losses, Bj Davis from SC State shouldn't be a finalist. Team stats, Bama State has been in the top 3 for majority of the season. I definitely thought he would have been a lock also

With those kind of stats.....they are subject to make him SWAC 2nd team.....the SWAC can do weird things also...(head scratchers...)
It's not like it hasn't happened before ... SMH

... like when Southern punter Breck Ackley led the nation in punting, but got put on the SWAC's second team

He is draft eligible so I won't be surprised if he gets a draft grade before declaring

I would hate to deal with two more years of him as the center piece of an improving ASU team

He is draft eligible so I won't be surprised if he gets a draft grade before declaring

I would hate to deal with two more years of him as the center piece of an improving ASU team
I think he has 3 years of eligibility left. I would hate to see him leave via the portal but one more year of this and what would he have left to prove in the swac?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think he has 3 years of eligibility left. I would hate to see him leave via the portal but one more year of this and what would he have left to prove in the swac?

1. He has 3 years left but he can declare since it's been 3 years since he left HS

2. You are right. Another year of high level football like this year and I would tell him to leave myself and not risk injury

With those kind of stats.....they are subject to make him SWAC 2nd team.....the SWAC can do weird things also...(head scratchers...)

Knew this was gonna happen smh

Of the 3 linebackers on the 1st team, he was the 3rd best LB with the stats to back it up

Knew this was gonna happen smh

Of the 3 linebackers on the 1st team, he was the 3rd best LB with the stats to back it up

The SWAC screwed Bama State with these selections.

Nelson Jordan III of Bama State led the SWAC in sacks and didn't make 1st nor 2nd team ALL SWAC

Adrian Maddox is a finalist for FCS Freshman of the Year Award but doesn't win SWAC Freshman of the Year over a player that is not a finalist for the same award.

The SWAC screwed Bama State with these selections.

Nelson Jordan III of Bama State led the SWAC in sacks and didn't make 1st nor 2nd team ALL SWAC

Adrian Maddox is a finalist for FCS Freshman of the Year Award but doesn't win SWAC Freshman of the Year over a player that is not a finalist for the same award.

As usual, SWAC doing SWAC things to appease 3 schools. POTY awards are INDIVIDUAL awards not team awards. They use the same logic as the Heisman with a good player on the best teams

In football, this reminds me of a few years ago in which a Grambling player won DPOTY despite not finishing top 5 in any major statistical category (sacks, tackles, TFL, etc)

In basketball, Marcus Romain (Valley) got completely left off 1st or 2nd team in basketball despite finishing 2nd in scoring. A player from AAMU led the league in scoring but they finished last in the SWAC and made 2nd team

Stuff like this makes you look bush league

We need to look at the credibility of those individuals voting on the SWAC Awards. The SWAC should be shame with these Awards.
How do individuals win Awards for positions they don't even play! 😎

Back