Coach Robinson could have left too. What Sanders could have been.

That's really not a fair comparison and given that Coach Rob was clear when he said you can't beat the system, you must adapt to it. So what is Prime doing? Are you suggesting that he attempt the beat the system that Coach Rob said you can't or are you saying Prime is right in adjusting to the system from within? Great article and Coach Rob made the right decision, and so did Coach Prime......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's really not a fair comparison and given that Coach Rob was clear when he said you can't beat the system, you must adapt to it. So what is Prime doing? Are you suggesting that he attempt the beat the system that Coach Rob said you can't or are you saying Prime is right in adjusting to the system from within? Great article and Coach Rob made the right decision, and so did Coach Prime......
my point is a simple one. prime is not the first one to have opportunities to move up. being the first black nfl coach came with a much bigger raise (relative to the times) & much more prestige than going to CU. coach rob chose to stay. he had a mission. now saying it's a different time is a cop out. he was winning. there was no pressure in terms of losing his job. he said his mission was basically the same as coach rob's.
so prime could have stayed for exactly the same reasons coach rob stayed. he could have had a similar influence on college football. he could have been a lasting ambassador for hbcu athletics. Instead now he's pulling guys right out of jsu's program. it's the exact opposite of what he was brought in to do.

my point is a simple one. prime is not the first one to have opportunities to move up. being the first black nfl coach came with a much bigger raise (relative to the times) & much more prestige than going to CU. coach rob chose to stay. he had a mission. now saying it's a different time is a cop out. he was winning. there was no pressure in terms of losing his job. he said his mission was basically the same as coach rob's.
so prime could have stayed for exactly the same reasons coach rob stayed. he could have had a similar influence on college football. he could have been a lasting ambassador for hbcu athletics. Instead now he's pulling guys right out of jsu's program. it's the exact opposite of what he was brought in to do.

He's a celebrity - in his DNA to take the next greatest thing and move on despite what happened yesterday

Notice other celebrities all supported him

Only suckas the same folks who keep supporting them move after move

Deon was a threat to the power 5 structure. If Deon, excuse me, coach Prime had continued to get elite athletes to HBCU's and they still get to NFL then whats to stop Southern from pouching elite talent. Our fan base will come back to see elite talent like before integration. The next thing you know Alabama St gets some. They had to get Deon out of there. It wasn't just about Deon it was about the idea and the reality that was taking place. Remember who first took advantage of the transfer portal before it was a transfer portal. It was Mike Davis at my Texas Southern. At first PWI talked down about all the transfers, Fast forward to 12/6/2022. Duke is in the transfer portal now. These people know us better that we know ourselves.

Knowing Coach Rob and the Family personally (Prez Jones was a Deacon at my church growing up and Coach Rob was a member...Coach Rob was also a neighbor to my grandparents).....Coach Rob was dedicated to Grambling on a level that Deion would never be dedicated to Jackson. Meaning dedicated to not just the university but city and community as well.

Also, Coach Rob coached in a different era and laid the foundation for Deion to be able to coach and even be a successful black man in the NFL. I am not going to just speak on Coach Rob but all those coaches....WC Gordon etc......

Deon was a threat to the power 5 structure.
Sadly, this is what far too many of us miss. Our enemy uses the same tactics over and over again, but they teach us to hate and not want to study history. The country that was born out of revolution studied how to stop one. Coach Sanders was leading a slave revolt so keeping with their tradition, he was to be dealt with in phases: (1) buy him off ; if that didn't work (2) character assassination; if that didn't work (3) mysterious accident.
It may sound crazy, but study how this country has conducted itself all over the planet earth and see for yourself.

Prime could have built a great legacy at JSU, but there will NEVER be anyone close to The Great EDDIE ROBINSON.
Not even close!

Keep in mind Coach had been at Grambling already for 35yrs! Think about that.

Prime wasn’t at Jsu barely a full 2yrs. He would’ve left last year for the other Colorado school but the timing was off. He was ready to go then.

Knowing Coach Rob and the Family personally (Prez Jones was a Deacon at my church growing up and Coach Rob was a member...Coach Rob was also a neighbor to my grandparents).....Coach Rob was dedicated to Grambling on a level that Deion would never be dedicated to Jackson. Meaning dedicated to not just the university but city and community as well.

Also, Coach Rob coached in a different era and laid the foundation for Deion to be able to coach and even be a successful black man in the NFL. I am not going to just speak on Coach Rob but all those coaches....WC Gordon etc......
They were content and comfortable where they were at. People lauded that but now with this “bag chasing” society it’s all but customary to jump from job to job depending on the 💰💰

They were content and comfortable where they were at. People lauded that but now with this “bag chasing” society it’s all but customary to jump from job to job depending on the 💰💰

Man when I tell people about me turning down a good 6 figure job in DC 3 years ago they look at me sideways. Yet, I was looking a the bigger picture and where I wanted to make change. Has Deion stayed at JSU and got his son drafted and more black top athletes start choosing HBCUs....WHEW!!!!

Man when I tell people about me turning down a good 6 figure job in DC 3 years ago they look at me sideways. Yet, I was looking a the bigger picture and where I wanted to make change. Has Deion stayed at JSU and got his son drafted and more black top athletes start choosing HBCUs....WHEW!!!!
Bingo!!!!

It’s not out of the norm for HBCU coaches to pay for stuff to get things done. They just don’t publicize it or try to use it as a narrative shifter.

Sure Alums can do a better job of giving back but it’s a lot of folks giving back and buying those season tickets and what not. It’s a difference between giving back and receiving STATE FUNDING to complete projects.

Back