Cleveland Region: Tennessee -vs- UNC

SONNY said:
Who you got?

TENNESSEE. Pat Summit feels that her Lady Vols were punked with their seeding. Not only did they lost the #1 seed to LSU, whom they beat in the SEC Tourney, but they were place in the same bracket as the Tourney's overall top seed UNC. In her words, "...that means that we are the worst #2 seed...". History says that when Pat is mad, and the Lady Vols are mad, that they wreck shop in the tourney. That doesn't neccessarily mean that they will win the Tourney, but they will make it to the championship game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's going to be a VERY good game. I'm going with the hometeam...Lady Tar Heels all the way. They're very athletic and quick and that Ivory Latta is a beast. :tup:

...Carry On..

Ivory has HEART!!!!!!

I think her legs were all cramped up from the game this weekend. I hope she is at full strenght for the Tn game.

SONNY said:
Ivory has HEART!!!!!!

I think her legs were all cramped up from the game this weekend. I hope she is at full strenght for the Tn game.

From the information that I gather from a friend that is working the Cleveland venue, thats all it was was severe cramps. He says that she should be good to go tomorrow night. He also added that they will take a look at her again today just to be certain.

Lady Vols. Candace Parker will give Erlana Larkins problems. :nod: She is still gonna get her points.

I got UNC. Ivory Latta will be the difference. I love both programs and wish could be the National Title game. But UNC got a raw deal with that Region after being Number 1 in the country. Losing only to Maryland who is probably going to the Final Four as well.

PsychoJag said:
I think UNC will pull it off. Ivory Latta is too much to handle. I think LSU will win it all.
LSU won't win shat with Sylvia Fowles playing the way she is. I was really impressed by her last year but she is playing so lazy it's ridiculous. They might make it pass Stanford (its 56-55 now) but unless she turns it up a notch, they aren't winning it all.

GramFan said:
LSU won't win shat with Sylvia Fowles playing the way she is. I was really impressed by her last year but she is playing so lazy it's ridiculous. They might make it pass Stanford (its 56-55 now) but unless she turns it up a notch, they aren't winning it all.
They won! I want a rematch with UCONN. But Duke I want them to kill they azz. :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nonchalant said:
Why in the world are these two teams in the same region, anyway? :shame:

...Carry On..

Cause the Selection Committee felt that Ohio State was deserving of a number one seed instead. And we see where they are. The Lady Vols play the toughest schedule of all the teams in the tournament, year in and year out, but hey...doesn't matter now.

GO LADY VOLS!

Parker's 2nd foul was a joke...UT is too big, too strong, too experienced. Latta gets credit for being really good, but she's also a drama queen...she knew she would get ALL Of the attention after scoring the winning basket AND falling down hurt...did you see immediately after she was carried off the court that Coach Hatchell said "she'll be fine"? latta has a history of being dramatic and wanting all the attention.

And if UNC was THAT good they wouldn't have had to go to a last-minute shot...Purdue was a 'good' team, but not the BESt team...they lost to Ohio State...

And UT has to know that they will call this game close...real close...until Pat starts getting in their azz...

UT wins once they get in a rhythmn...

And for real...Hatchell doesn't always schedule really strong teams like Pat so going down the stretch, I'm not sure UNC has the guts...experience will be the key for this one.

Back