Cleaning your Computer from Spyware (a way of life)???

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Every other day for the last 2 months, I've found myself having to remove adware/spyware files from my computer. This is so time consuming. I've tried to use alternate methods such as various software that blocks such files but either they are not very effective or they slow my computer down when I am surfing the net..,

At least Ad-aware 6.0 and Spybot Search and Destroy do the job of deleting these files. Whats is everyone else using?

I use Spysweeper, Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy.

Man, I did a sweep one day and had 250 spyware applications on my computer. I found that you have to use all three in conjunciton with another and do a scan whenever you restart your computer.

I wish they would put all people that develop spyware in one room and set it on fire.

Spybot and Adware here...... That mess is just down right wrong.... It is killing my computers.... Not to mention the time spent trying to delete it... :splat: :angry:

I just started this adware spyware deletion process. I have aol spyware protection but it only blocks a few. I just recently downloaded spyware doctor. I've noticed that my pc is running considerably slower. Is that because of the spyware protection software?

I have AdAware but still while I am working offline,sex ads still pop up with no pictures just the writing " page cannot be displayed". I figured it must be a dial up file somewhere hidden in the start up;I cannot find the file. I think I might have to re-format. That's something I don't want to do but it looks as though I have no choice.

Parasites (BKA spyware) are simply a fustration. The biggest one of all to me is Weather Bug. Once I get the weather in the morning, I don't need it no more the rest of the day.

I have 4 computers that I have to run Adaware on monthly. It is very time comsuming. My only problem with Adaware is you have to CHECK all the files to remove them. Then could have put a Remove All option.

PBLA, when you run Adaware, reboot and rerun it after you reboot. Many parasites HIDE when you are running Adaware, but you can catch them right after you reboot before they have had a chance to run and hide.

Da_Sperm said:
Parasites (BKA spyware) are simply a fustration. The biggest one of all to me is Weather Bug. Once I get the weather in the morning, I don't need it no more the rest of the day.

I have 4 computers that I have to run Adaware on monthly. It is very time comsuming. My only problem with Adaware is you have to CHECK all the files to remove them. Then could have put a Remove All option.

PBLA, when you run Adaware, reboot and rerun it after you reboot. Many parasites HIDE when you are running Adaware, but you can catch them right after you reboot before they have had a chance to run and hide.

Thanks frat.

Da_Sperm said:
My only problem with Adaware is you have to CHECK all the files to remove them. Then could have put a Remove All option.

Sperm,

when it shows the list of files to be removed, I always right click on one of them. When I do this, another list of options shows up and I select CHECK all files.....,

Just a interesting thought, all of those hiding parasites reminds me of Agent Smith and the Merovengi in the Matrix Reloaded. They were created to do a specific job but once they became useless they tried to hide in the system and became a headache to anything else in the Matrix.......,

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Sperm,

when it shows the list of files to be removed, I always right click on one of them. When I do this, another list of options shows up and I select CHECK all files.....,

Man Thanks. I is a pure pain to check 1300 items one by one.

downloaded all those programs...deleted everything but those programs still come back...I had stuff I never even looked at installing on my cpu...

got so pissed I went into the registry....deleted stuff out of anger...rebooted the cpu...messed up the HD

had my warranty so I said the HD was bad and they gave me a new one and everything is now gravy...ain't downloading no free music programs ever again/

BandFan, the last thing you ever want to do is tinkle with the Registry. Before Window 95, data was stored in config files and it was a nightmare because users would modify the config files to alter the way programs worked. The registry is the same as a config file, but more difficult to navigate.

My neighbor was once on the phone with Tech Support for some carpet cleaning software. They had him to modify something in the registry that didn't pertain to their software. I told him not to do it, but he did anyway. Once he shutdown, the machine would not boot up again. He had to re-install windows.

This is all funny to me because I know good and well I should have tons of adware popping up on my PC at home just from the sites I visit and I don't. I got Spybot Search and Destroy and cleaned up all that it showed but I never did see the effects of the spy and adware. I use weatherbug and it only pops up a few ads when I actualy open it to see the alerts.

I also use the Google tool bar which does a great job of stopping pop ups while you are browsing.

Well I think the virus is already on my PC. Its looking like I may have to reinstall windows....and reformat to drive... :shame: :bawling:

Back