Class of 2002- The Crunkest Class

Normal1875

A&M #1
I just wanna know who will be graduating this Spring? Where yall at cuz the time is coming :cool:

I will be getting my B.S. in Urban Planning/Environmental Science from one the best schools in the U.S. that has been nationally accredited since 1974. I am considering grad school at AAMU because of that but Im lookin to get away from this place just to free my mind!

::Grad School Choices::

University of Illinois-Urbana....... Transportation planning
Tennessee State University......Urban Affairs
Southern University.......Urban Forestry

Originally posted by TRU3000
University of Illinois-Urbana....... Transportation planning
I spent 2 Summers At U of I. They have a Very nice Campus. is Transportation Planning considered enginering? If so Illinois spent A billion Dollars on Their Enginerring Quad a few years back. No HBCU could almost touch those facilities. :(

As Far as the student life, the black folks up there were pretty cool. They have Deltas, Zetas and SGRhos. the SG Rhos Were more like AKAs Up there. As Far as frats there were Ques Alphas, Iotas and some other strange ass frat.

Take a trip up there if youre still interested. It aint no HBCU, but its straight.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
thanks for the 411!!!

I am looking at more schools up north but U of I kinda stood out and plus I have family all up in Illinois and Michigan so that was another thing that has me interested in that area!

as for the "transportation planning" I guess you could say its similar to engineering to a certain extent because in the planning field you have to consult with many stakeholders in the planning process and that includes engineers,city officials,developers and sometimes you might be required to do perform some of the task they are required to do! as you can see the Urban Planning field is very diverse in terms of the people you work with.....

Here I go..........

<b>Another member of the illustrious Class of 2002!!! Getting the "L" out of Alcorn State University!!!

B.A. in Mass Communications!! And I will be looking for a job when I get out of prison (aka-Alcorn)!!</b>

I want to go to either Houston, Atlanta, New Orleans, or Memphis (in that order).

<b>Hey Mike, I saw on a post that you did something in communications. HOOK A BROTHER UP!!

2002 AND I'LL BE THROUGH!!</b>

Originally posted by TRU3000
thanks for the 411!!!

I am looking at more schools up north but U of I kinda stood out and plus I have family all up in Illinois and Michigan so that was another thing that has me interested in that area!

as for the "transportation planning" I guess you could say its similar to engineering to a certain extent because in the planning field you have to consult with many stakeholders in the planning process and that includes engineers,city officials,developers and sometimes you might be required to do perform some of the task they are required to do! as you can see the Urban Planning field is very diverse in terms of the people you work with.....

Yo Truz! Im a Traffic Engineer that work with Transportation Planners here in the ATL. Georgia State has a REALLY good Tranpsortation Planning Department. And if you can get on with the government, like me, you can go to school and work here full-time. The government do not pay for your education, but they work with you on you class schedule. That gives you the opportunity to be a full-time student and still make good money.:D

Well, unlike you all, I will be out in August of 2002, since I changed my major. Afterwards, I shall be heading to UNC. 2002 will be a very good year!

Cllllllllllaaaaaaassssof"02"

it is like high school all over again. the months have and will pass fast. though i talk about JSU i am grateful to have shared a very unique 4 yrs in the SWAC. i have met some lifelong friends and learned about life on my own. there is no other place i would rather b. it is going to get hard adjusting to not going up on the yard except for f-ball games.

JSU c/o "02"
BS in Criminal Justice

off to Memphis for grad in Criminology.

the even years are always the crunkest!!!!!

TRU3000

I am a Transportation Planner for the State of TN

You may want to consider Northwestern University - for Transportation. They have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I visit their campus 2-3 times a year - it's a great place. The $ resources is unlimited.

The Univ. IL. Champaing - Urbana. You will love it. CU, is a college town - once school is out - the city becomes a ghost town.

UT Knoxville - has a good program.

TN State - is a great place and learning environment. We are currently building some new dorms - you would love it. The engineering school - is the best among HBCU's. You maybe able to intern with TDOT, USGSA and work.

Blacknbengal,

I am in and out of Atlanta - 2-3 times a year @ the FTA Office.

H,

your input is appreciated sir. I was hoping all the planners/engineers on the board would start giving me info on some of the schools I have been considering. I will be emailing you soon!;) cuz I know its all about networking.......

Decisions Decisions Decisions Decisions

To all my fellow seniors on the TSP yall might wanna styart using this board as a networking tool cuz you never know who on here might be able to help you.....

thats the reason it was put here

aint that right Kenn:rolleyes: ;) :D :D :D

Try the University of Michigan......or Michigan State. Both have excellent programs in your field. Both are college towns (Ann Arbor and East Lansing)....and are both under an hour away from Detroit.

Also look into:
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Waynse State University.

TRU3000

I forgot to mention Rutgers University. They have specialized programs in Urban Health, Enviroment and Development. They also have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ummmmmm H,

I have been at Tenn State for almost a year, and I havent seen any new dorms being built. You must be seeing something that I am not seeing. The only thing I see is the senior apartments being built.

DAHILL

Apartments "Dorms" = Housing. There is a new set being constructed by the original set. In the 5-10 plan all dorms will be replaced with the apartment style housing.

Are you a student at TSU? If so we need to hook up for lunch.

253-1028

Back