http://www.tsumeter.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/11/22/41a27b11986fc

Champ wants to Reload TSU football
Former coach wants another shot at OVC title
Reese, five staff members eliminated

Former TSU Head Coach L.C. Cole.

by Eddie R. Cole Jr.
Sports Editor
November 22, 2004

After five years away from the Tennessee State University football program, former head football coach L.C. Cole wants his previous position back.

Cole was TSU?s head coach during the 1996-99 seasons. Under his leadership the Tigers won two consecutive Ohio Valley Conference championships.

?Everybody knows I am the perfect person for that program,? Cole said to The Meter Saturday night during a telephone interview from Chicago. ?I took it from the bottom to the top.?

I still believe L.C. Cole is one brightest offensive minds in all of college football. The Big Blue Tigers of Tennessee State need to go in another direction and find a football coach. Tennessee State should go somebody that knows x's and o's and how to turn a loser into winner immediatley. TSU should offered the job to likes of Mike White, Rick Comegy, Kevin Sumlin, Jackie Shipp, Kippy Brown, Mike Jones, Everitt Whitters, and Dewanye Dixon. Either of these men are capable turning Tennessee State back into contender again.

My opinion is that Coach L.C. Cole should wait for another and there are going be plenty of schools i.e. Norfolk State, WSSU, Savannah State, and Jackson State looking for coaches in 2005? Cole would probably be perfect fit at Savannah State. Where he would have the luxury turning into winner immediately. Don't forget he did lure plenty top-tier athletes to both Alabama State and Tennessee State.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If Cole returned to TSU the NCAA would have agents sleeping in cars like on The Wire. Great coach but trouble always seems to find him.

Back