Celebrating my Chiefs and it Turns into Unnecessary Gunfire Killing One Person

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
This is crazy, but people love shooting at folks in KC. I'm just tripping on the ignorance of doing this, but not surprised in KC. I still can't beleive I got shot at just leaving a d@mn Whispers concert, not gangster rap but the Whispers and still almost got shot because some jokers were shooting dice and got in a fight. This stupid shooting at the parade left one person dead and 11 kids in the hospital shot. We just ca't have nothing in our country without ignorance or super heavy security smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
All anyone can do is be alert and selective about their surroundings at all times. When nothing was done legislatively about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and gun rights subsequently evolved from access to them, to unrestricted carrying of them, we were destined for living in the very predictable situation we find ourselves in presently.

When killing white kids didn't move the needle it basically was a wrap.

Everybody...and I do mean everybody, has a gun in Atlanta. Teenagers, regular folks, old ladies, women.. even the lgbtq folks. I think Arrowhead Pawn is closed now, but it was a pawn/gun shop on Tara Blvd down in Jonesboro. Man going in there on a Friday or a Saturday was like going to Walmart at 5pm on Friday. And 95% of the folks in there were buying guns because their prices were so cheap. They were marking their shit barely above list price... I bought an AK47 from there many a year ago for under $500 brand new in the box.

The amount of guns they sold out of that store was just wild...and that also got them dinged when a dude that was buying a bunch of guns from there and reselling them in NYC got caught. I wouldnt have been surprised at all if they were selling a hundred guns an hour. Adventure outdoors in Smyrna is the same way. All those guns end up somewhere. And here, you're in and out in 20 minutes... background check included. Ten minutes if you have a ccw since all you have to do is fill out the form and pay. Even being a gun person i'll be the first to admit that it's wayyyyyyyyyyy too easy to get guns here.

I know people personally that I grew up with that once they got a gun I stopped fooling with them. Mainly because I knew what type of reckless shit they do even without a gun being in the mix. One of em ended up shooting up a whole block one night because someone said something out of pocket about his momma. Those quick tempered, not really considering the consequences type folks, like him, are often the very first ones to pull out a gun when the situation didn't call for it at all.

All anyone can do is be alert and selective about their surroundings at all times. When nothing was done legislatively about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and gun rights subsequently evolved from access to them, to unrestricted carrying of them, we were destined for living in the very predictable situation we find ourselves in presently.

When killing white kids didn't move the needle it basically was a wrap.
This right here!!!!!!

So, a guy was walking NEAR JSU's campus a couple days ago with what looked like an AR style rifle. What he was doing was "legal" they say. But, the school issued a shelter in place warning.

What's the real intent of a law that allows someone to legally make others prepare that something illegal is about to happen to them?

Because for the most part, the vast majority of folks that carry guns still dont walk around flossing them so they assume everyone will be the same way. And they'd rather not bother with the law for the simple fact that a few dummies do it just for attention. I open carried once for about an hour...and that was only because I had just left the range and went in the grocery store on the way to the house. But it was pretty blatant pretty fast how uncomfortable it made people so I was one and done. Same reason they won't bother to make the requirements to get them more strict in states in the south and midwest where the vast majority of gun violence is. It doesn't affect them most of the time so they don't have to care. In most states you don't even need a permit to carry anymore.

So, a guy was walking NEAR JSU's campus a couple days ago with what looked like an AR style rifle. What he was doing was "legal" they say. But, the school issued a shelter in place warning.

What's the real intent of a law that allows someone to legally make others prepare that something illegal is about to happen to them?
The intent of the law is for those in rural areas and also for those hunting IMO. Also, I'm assuming most laws that allow people to carry rifles and shotguns have been on the books forever.

The intent of the law is for those in rural areas and also for those hunting IMO. Also, I'm assuming most laws that allow people to carry rifles and shotguns have been on the books forever.

Hmm...well, you need a license to hunt and there's a hunting season right? This allows game animals to replenish themselves. This makes sense.

States allow alcohol consumption, but some ban having open containers of alcohol in public. Sort of makes sense for drunks.

Allowing knucklehead to walk around with ARs? Not sure what sense this makes.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back