Carter will lead ASU athletic programs

Blacknbengal

Carter will lead ASU athletic programs

By Josh Moon
Montgomery Advertiser

Patrick Carter, the Southwestern Athletic Conference's associate commissioner of compliance, has agreed to become Alabama State's new athletic director.
"I'm so happy he's coming," said interim AD Sonia Price, who has been handling the AD duties since Richard Cosby left last summer. "I think he's an excellent choice."

Carter wouldn't comment on his hire until the school made an official announcement.

"I think it's best if I wait on (ASU president) Dr. (Joe) Lee to make a statement," Carter said late Wednesday night from the SWAC basketball tournament in Birmingham.

However, Wallace Dooley, the SWAC's assistant commissioner for media relations, said Carter informed the SWAC office on Monday that he would be leaving.

"The day he signed that contract is the day we found out for sure he was leaving," Dooley said. "I guess that was Monday. We knew he had been talking with them but that was the first time we knew for sure he was gone."

Read the story

So, is that how they do it at the SWAC office? No 2 week notice or nothing. Just come in and pack their bags and say, "Bye yall! I've found another job" on the way out the door. :smh:

Congrads ASU on your new AD!

Black:
I know you guys hate the SWAC office but where does it say that Patrick is not giving a 2 week notice or any for that matter.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Blacknbengal
So, is that how they do it at the SWAC office? No 2 week notice or nothing. Just come in and pack their bags and say, "Bye yall! I've found another job" on the way out the door. :smh:
damn, when you working an agenda, you're bound to say something nonsensical like that.
:smh:

Re: Re: Carter will lead ASU athletic programs

Originally posted by Jag Voice
Black:
I know you guys hate the SWAC office but where does it say that Patrick is not giving a 2 week notice or any for that matter.

However, Wallace Dooley, the SWAC's assistant commissioner for media relations, said Carter informed the SWAC office on Monday that he would be leaving.

"The day he signed that contract is the day we found out for sure he was leaving," Dooley said.QUOTE]

He informed the SWAC office on Monday that he was leaving, then this guy, Dooley, says that they found out on the same day he signed the contract. Would that be Monday? :confused: :rolleyes:

And a 2 week notice is nothing more than saying that "I've found another job, so you all will have to find someone to replace me. I will work here another 2 weeks which should give you time enough to find someone, even if temporary." You know, a simple courtesy gesture. Not that the guy is going to his new job in two weeks, but simply giving his old job time enough to find someone else to replace him.

MH, must you try to criticize EVERYTHING a JSU alumni post? Man, your hate is really upsetting me. But, I dont expect anything else from you. I just hope he (Carter) has high boots on, cause he's heading into some messy waters.

look dude,
The comments you posted were silly. Stop trying to justify it.
The article clearly states that Carter informed the SWAC office on the day he signed the contract at ASU.
What more do you want the man to do? Go tell the SWAC office BEFORE he signed the contract.

sheesh, I shole don't know (or expect) anybody to go tell their current employer that they are leaving for a new job when the new job aint official yet.

Congrats ASU,

I hope you guys have finally found someone competent to run your athletic program. The stupidity that has been going on there really has to stop. You are making us all look bad. Hopefully this guy will get your compliance office in order and not be a puppet for outside forces, but I doubt it. You guys have so far to go to pull yourself out of the mud surrounding your athletic department. Maybe this is the beginning. Again congrats....

I talked with Patrick Carter he informed me that he is to start work on March 29th. That is 21 days from the day he got the job.

Back