infinite_hope

Graduated Senior in 5 weeks
a BULLDOG I WANNA BE
they say ya'll really weak
is aamu the right place for me?
i wanna know someone help me please!:confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Interesting...:cool:

1. Who is they? Are "they" planning on experiencing your college life for you? If not...forget what they say.
If we all decided to let the negativity that we hear about respective schools be our sole source of decision making, how many people do you think would go to HBCUs at all?

2. Does AAMU have your intended major in their curriculum? If so, it would be wise to do some research on that particular program. The school website (www.aamu.edu) can help you there.

3. Be sure why you want to go to a particular school. If your choice hinges on whether a school won the national championship a year earlier, you may really want to rethink your priorities.

4. Is finance a concern? Most HBCUs offer financial aid in the forms of scholarships, grants, and loans. Have you looked into any of these yet? I am hoping that you've at least applied, being that it's so late in the game.

5. If you want to be a Bulldog....WHAT'S STOPPING YOU??? :D
Ultimately, the choice is yours. If something inside of you makes you want to be a part of what's happening on "The Hill"...then I strongly encourage it (as long as you took care of all the other stuff).

6. Does AAMU produce winners??? YOu dayum right it does! :cool:
But in reality, too many students try to live off of their school's reputation. Attending an Ivy League school doesn't mean a thing if YOU aren't pulling your OWN weight, and putting forth a legitimate effort. When it's all said and done, you should want to be judged by your OWN accomplishments...not those of your school, or of OTHER students who've achieved success.

Just a little something to help you out in your decision making...;)

Ntelekt

Cum Laude
Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering Technology AND Mechanical Drafting & Design, '96
Master of Business Administration - Business Management, '01

<font color=maroon>
Ntel my fellow alumnus I couldnt have said it better........:)

Infinite_hope if you are serious about attending The Alabama A&M University you may want to take heed to the useful information he just provided.

I would consider AAMU a great school to attend if you are looking for a HBCU with all that and more. One point I would like touch on is the diversity of the student body which was one of the reasons I chose AAMU. Detroit,Chicago,Indianapolis,St. Louis, New York,Connecticut,VA,Maryland, ATL,Bham,Mobile, Miss, Ark, Miami, New Orleans, Houston, just to name a few of the cities that are always represented on "Da Hill". If you are lucky enough to attend my alma mater, during freshman week(Operation Jumpstart) many of the activities that you will take part in will allow you to develop friendships with the student body as well with your freshman class allowing you to feel apart of the Bulldog Family.......

</font>

I don't regret going...

I was told THE SAME THING about A&M and I did not want to go. But when I look back, I'm glad I did become a bulldog
(c/o 2001).

First, like the previous alum stated, CHECK OUT YOUR MAJOR!!!!
If it's not there, then don't go...but if it's what you're looking for then I say go for it. I loved my department at A&M because they helped me anytime I asked. I was a communications major and I was allowed to use the equipment anytime I wanted, got hooked up with the local tv station, and many of my classmates even got their own show on the radio.

I was also in a program called Student Support Services for first generation college students. This program was the bomb because they offered free tutoring, free school supplies (I NEVER bought paper or floppy disks), and I had the upper hand on registration because this program allowed me to register for my classes a week before the rest of the students on campus (for those of you who went to A&M, you know how hectic registration can be).

Now, I'm not gonna act as if it was all peaches and cream; Patton Hall will make you wanna smack somebody :redhot:, and the walk is treacherous (they don't call it the hill for nothing)! But if you handle your business like I did, you can get through unscathed and be done in 4 years. And freshman can now have cars on campus and if you don't want the cafe' food there's a Burger King in West Campus. On top of all that, BASKETBALL SEASON IS OF THE CHAIN!!!

Just like any school, you have to take responsibilty for your future and not wait on things to fall in your lap. Don't expect to get paid for everything you do if you want to get your foot in the door. Seek out internships and mentors and PLEASE sign up in the career development office.

So, take all of that into consideration like I hope you will with the other schools you're thinking about attending.

P.S.
If anyone tells you A&M is a party school, it's a LIE...people are doing their own thing and most of the parties on campus are held during big events; the rest are off the yard which is the way most people like it. Peace. :wavey:

A&M......A Party School?

trust me if that was true I would be the first one to tell you, as much as I like to be in the Club!!!!

if would also help you alot if you visited www.aamu.edu

the website is updated everyday with new info

AAMU is a Great School.

I received my Bachelors of Science in Management & Finance. I am currently working for EdwardJones Brokerage Firm: Rated the "Best Company to Work for in America".

I Love my AAMU!!!!!!!

AAMU C/O 2000!!!!!!

Re: I don't regret going...

Originally posted by Shy 1

Now, I'm not gonna act as if it was all peaches and cream; Patton Hall will make you wanna smack somebody :redhot:, and the walk is treacherous (they don't call it the hill for nothing)!

P.S.
If anyone tells you A&M is a party school, it's a LIE...:

I know that's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm talkin bout slappin ery body up in patton!!!!

Back