British parliament election results

• Thread starter Thread starter EB
  • Start date Start date

EB

View: https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1808974289812496468

I will give Home Secretary Suella Braverman, a conservative, credit. She did not try any spin that one may here in the states after a loss. She took it on the chin and put a lot of blame on the Tories. The defeat by the Tories is history, and the votes are still being tallied.

I know that the U.S. is different from the mother country. Will the GOP with some unpopular stances go down in flames this fall like the Tories are tonight? Right now, I seriously doubt it. I would feel this way even if Biden's health was not an issue. However, November is a long ways away from now-especially in election campaign time.

It is a good old fashion behind whipping (or whuppin') by Labour. Consider the gains by the far right in Germany and France the last few weeks. Consider the gains by the fascists in Italy last year. The gains by Labour are big.

Last edited:
View: https://twitter.com/RealQueenBee__/status/1808987842041032723

Sunak will take a lot of the blame, probably most. However, the prime ministers before him need to take a lot of the blame, probably more than Sunak.

I wished I had kept up with the BBC News as well as The Guardian and Observer. I also wished I watched more of the Prime Ministers questions on C-SPAN.

Note that the GOP is one of the more conservative major parties in the world. Their voters are among the most conservative in the world.

View: https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1808974289812496468

I will give Home Secretary Suella Braverman, a conservative, credit. She did not try any spin that one may here in the states after a loss. She took it on the chin and put a lot of blame on the Tories. The defeat by the Tories is history, and the votes are still being tallied.

I know that the U.S. is different from the mother country. Will the GOP with some unpopular stances go down in flames this fall like the Tories are tonight? Right now, I seriously doubt it. I would feel this way even if Biden's health was not an issue. However, November is a long ways away from now-especially in election campaign time.

It is a good old fashion behind whipping (or whuppin') by Labour. Consider the gains by the far right in Germany and France the last few weeks. Consider the gains by the fascists in Italy last year. The gains by Labour are big.
Suella Braverman is a close the door behind you immigrant. Similar to many of the Hispanics in this country.

The Tories counted on hate to win, they have learned from American republicans, they played the anti-immigrant card, tax card, hate the poor card, hate the unemployed, trans card, anti gay card and others. The Tories destroyed the British economy, the national health care system.

Suella Braverman is a close the door behind you immigrant. Similar to many of the Hispanics in this country.

The Tories counted on hate to win, they have learned from American republicans, they played the anti-immigrant card, tax card, hate the poor card, hate the unemployed, trans card, anti gay card and others. The Tories destroyed the British economy, the national health care system.
From what I saw, the Tories were more gracious in defeat than the GOP is in the states. However, they did make a huge mess of things in Great Britain.

Europe is headed to the far right, mostly about immigration. The UK moved left because of incompetency by the right. UK Tories used a lot of tatics by the US republicans, but they had screwed the UK so badly, people did not care about those issues.

Hopefully the rejection of the fascist right in both the uk and France is a sign of things to come in the US. On another note...I really need to take a European political science course. I've always been intrigued.

Europe is headed to the far right, mostly about immigration. The UK moved left because of incompetency by the right. UK Tories used a lot of tatics by the US republicans, but they had screwed the UK so badly, people did not care about those issues.

This is the lie american media keeps pushing (because it's a business and ratings are needed ) but it hasn't beared fruit in the biggest European democracies so far.

That is the truth. Look at Germany and France, also look at some of the other EU countries.

You should check out European press such as Le Monde, El País, La Repubblica, Die Zeit, Deutsche World and others.

Download global Player, listen to LBC - James O'Brien on the left and Nick Ferrari on the right. You have a week to download their daily shows if you cant listen live.

Last edited:
Back