Blasting NASA for Shuttle Tragedy Unfair.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Some of the media (errr, O'Riley) blames (ok, maybe not blame, but suspect may be a better word) NASA's "faster, better cheaper" doctrine for the shuttle tragedy. Well,,,, if this is going to be labled as the root cause for the tragedy, they need to spread the blame to the U.S. in general because this is what tighter budgets in recent years called for. Engineers at NASA (and tons of other place) was trying to tell meathead administrators that you can't expect the same reliability if you cut quality/inspection to the bone and move away from military rad-hardened components/gear, so before placing all the blame on NASA for going to "faster, better, cheaper", the nation needs to look at what forced NASA to have to do so; massive public opinion and government policy that mandate NASA must do more with less. :|

As far as the shuttle tragedy......I don't waste my time even thinking about. The reason is they (including NASA) knew the dangers of "The Flying Brick." Furthermore, there should not be any blaming anywhere.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
B, I assume that your are talking of Bill O'Reilly. If so understand that he needs to keep his mouth shut about NASA. He is out of his league.

Originally posted by Bartram
Some of the media (errr, O'Riley) blames (ok, maybe not blame, but suspect may be a better word) NASA's "faster, better cheaper" doctrine for the shuttle tragedy. Well,,,, if this is going to be labled as the root cause for the tragedy, they need to spread the blame to the U.S. in general because this is what tighter budgets in recent years called for. Engineers at NASA (and tons of other place) was trying to tell meathead administrators that you can't expect the same reliability if you cut quality/inspection to the bone and move away from military rad-hardened components/gear, so before placing all the blame on NASA for going to "faster, better, cheaper", the nation needs to look at what forced NASA to have to do so; massive public opinion and government policy that mandate NASA must do more with less. :|

Sadly though, this is the mentality of America today.

Originally posted by EB
B, I assume that your are talking of Bill O'Reilly. If so understand that he needs to keep his mouth shut about NASA. He is out of his league.

yes. i know media has to always question, probe,, but this is not ALL NASA's fault. :mad:

Re: Re: Blasting NASA for Shuttle Tragedy Unfair.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Bartram: I am straight feeling you on that!

Originally posted by pbla

Sadly though, this is the mentality of America today.

Yeah,,, it's part of our system,,, pretty brewtal. We never see, for example, the number of plains that take off and land in this country in one day without major disasters, without a hitch. But yeah,, I understand you must always press for perfection when it comes to safety; I would only point out that there's more to it than simply finding a scapegoat.

Back