Black FedEx driver who was shot at by White father and son says he sees similarities with Ahmaud Arbery case

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What I been telling yall to do... and heaven forbid they mess around and charge Trump with something. If that happens I think that's when shit is really going to go downhill in the US. He still has too much damn influence on pretty much every damn thing even though he's not even in office. Republicans still follow dude and were fully ready to overthrow the government for him. Still are. Even though Kemp is still trash, i'll give him a semi half point for refusing to play Trump's game. Under him, a lot of folks have gotten that Civil Rights era braveness about hate again. Local cities popping up all over the place here to try to isolate themselves from mixed race neighborhoods. Buckhead, East Cobb, Dunwoody, so on and so forth.

You will keep hearing this story. Because, we are so brainwashed into believing these people will change and treat us equal.

Look, when I was OTR. I always took my gun. Because, in some states. I hardly ran into any black people. So, I would rather be safe than sorry.

What I been telling yall to do... and heaven forbid they mess around and charge Trump with something. If that happens I think that's when shit is really going to go downhill in the US. He still has too much damn influence on pretty much every damn thing even though he's not even in office. Republicans still follow dude and were fully ready to overthrow the government for him. Still are. Even though Kemp is still trash, i'll give him a semi half point for refusing to play Trump's game. Under him, a lot of folks have gotten that Civil Rights era braveness about hate again. Local cities popping up all over the place here to try to isolate themselves from mixed race neighborhoods. Buckhead, East Cobb, Dunwoody, so on and so forth.

If believe President Trump is responsible for the racists coming out the closet. You are sadly mistaken.

This has nothing to do with Obama.
Thank you for the acknowledgment. I can't tell you how many different forums and threads I read, where republicans, conservatives, trumpers, or people that just didn't like Obama, blame him for the racial issues going on now.

Thank you for the acknowledgment. I can't tell you how many different forums and threads I read, where republicans, conservatives, trumpers, or people that just didn't like Obama, blame him for the racial issues going on now.

He might a well be considered a white male for all sneak dissing that he had toward Black Americans.

A white father and son have been indicted by a grand jury on multiple charges, including attempted murder, 10 months after a Black FedEx driver alleged he was chased and shot at after dropping off a package in a Mississippi city.

Gregory Case and his son Brandon were indicted this month by a Lincoln County grand jury on charges of attempted murder, conspiracy to commit the crime of murder and shooting into a motor vehicle in connection with the alleged Jan. 24 attack on D’Monterrio Gibson in Brookhaven, about 55 miles south of Jackson. The population of Brookhaven is about 59% Black and 39% white, according to the most recent census data.

Black FedEx Deliveryman, Allegedly Attacked by Two White Men While Working, Terminated from Courier Company After Refusing to Get Off Worker’s Compensation Leave​

A Black FedEx driver who was shot at and chased by two white men during a delivery in Mississippi has been terminated from his job a year later. D’Monterrio Gibson, 25, lost his job after not accepting a part-time, non-courier position the company had offered in July 2023, according to CNN.

This development comes after a judge declared a mistrial in Gibson’s criminal case against the father and son who shot at him while he was on duty.

Carlos Moore, an attorney representing Gibson in a civil lawsuit against the fourth largest employer on the Fortune 500 list, said his client’s letter of termination was emailed to him.

The Associated Press verified the termination with Meredith Miller, the manager of global network communications for FedEx. On July 31, days after receiving notification of his termination, FedEx attempted to deliver the letter of notification and other documents to Gibson, but were unsuccessful.

Gibson said he felt “disrespected” by the decision. Since 2022, he had been on worker’s compensation leave, receiving about one-third of his pay. He took the leave after he reported to law enforcement the incident he experienced with Brandon and Gregory Case on Jan. 24, 2022, in Brookhaven, Mississippi.

“Mr. Gibson did not accept an offer of a part-time nondriving position which met his requested accommodations and, unfortunately, despite outreach from company representatives over the course of a year and half, he did not engage in the process of looking for a new position within the FedEx enterprise,” Miller said in an email obtained by the Post.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back