black college basketball all star game in atl...tommorow

major095

ASU4real
http://www.bcasclassic.com/

brion rush, chris alexander, cip, akeem claborn and others on the roster.

Claborn to Play in Black College All Star Classic
Hornets' star forward in action Sunday afternoon in Atlanta

March 17, 2006

MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Alabama State forward Akeim Claborn has been chosen to compete in the third annual Black College All-Star Classic on Sunday, March 19, 2006 at Philips Arena in Atlanta. Tip-off for the game is set for approximately 3:30 p.m., immediately after the completion of the Atlanta Hawks-Orlando Magic NBA contest.

Aside from playing at an NBA venue, the Black College All-Star Classic - run by the World Basketball Association Foundation - will have national and international scouts on hand to evaluate the career potential of some of the top players in Black College basketball.

"I'm excited," Claborn said. "I've never played at Philips Arena before. But I just want to play in front of some of theses scouts, want to see how well I compete with some of these guys, and hope I have an opportunity to play at the next level."

Claborn, a 6-foot-7 senior from Eufaula, Ala., was recently added to the roster of the East team after leading the Hornets to a 12-18 overall record, 10-8 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, during the 2005-06 campaign. He was named first-team all-conference after finishing the season as the SWAC's only player in the top-10 in scoring (14.7), rebounds (7.5), field goal percentage (.514), blocked shots (22) and double-doubles (nine).

Fans can attend both games for as little as $20. Tickets can be purchased online at www.bcasclassic.com or by calling the WBA Office at (404) 531-0037.

Did they say who is gonna start. And is Ronald Alexander playing? :confused: :confused: I thought he had a disease, and something was wrong with his hand. Is Brion Rush gonna play also. The reason why Im asking is because both players had injuries. :nod: :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I see where CSS-TV is one of the sponsors of this event. Is this game scheduled to be televised?

Back