Bcf Playoff

BISON-2K1

There is alot of talk about who should be the BCF national champ.I propose a postseason playoff between the top non 1-aa and DII teams.For instance from 1aa you would have had TSU,GSU,JSU,A&T,SU,ASU,BCC,HIU and on the DII side you would have MHC,TU,VUU,WSSU,FSU,NCCU,BSU,Stillman.You have 8 teams from each division and the championship ending in 2 bowl matchups or it could be as a 16 team playoff combining the 2 divisions with seedings and the championship being played in a bowl.You still have teams honoring their 1aa and DII playoff committments and something for our other schools to play for.At least HBCU's get to host a game in this playoff without having to pay the NCAA 30k.We have to control this as far as marketing and payouts.When the NCAA sees the fan support they may be forced dealing out playoff invites with a little more equity.

Too bad GSU and Tuskegee wasn't able to meet during the year in a "replacement" game. Some things are just not meant to be!
Maybe the two schools will get a chance to have a regular season game sometime in the future.

I would like to see the Eddie Robinson Kickoff Classic involve two HBCU's in a game in Atlanta, Ga. Since this Classic is normally nationally televised, it would be good exposure for our teams.
I'm sure Kappalicious has looked into this and may even be working behind the scene to see if it can be done.

Not trying to put any pressure, but it would definitely be great to witness...That's one that I would have to make (STFU, Suge)!

Mikebigg,

Yeah it is too bad that we don't get a chance to play. Maybe something can be done about it in the future. Especially given the historical link between our 2 universities. It's a shame that given that historical link, Grambling and Tuskegee have only met 2 or 3 times on the gridiron, and the last time was over 50 years ago.

In all honesty, there should be more of a link between the two schools. I'm sure you are alluding to the fact that our FIRST President, Charles P Adams was sent from Tuskegee by Booker T Washington to answer our founding father's request to have a college established in Lincoln Parish.

This year would have been really good to commerate our 100th anniversary. Hopefully, we can have a game sometime in the very near future. BTW, congratulations on your fine season.
Although I think that GSU is the best football program in D1AA, I respect what you guys are doing over there at Skegee!!!!

Shelt and MikeBigg,

All y'all gotta do is schedule the game. Have your A.D. call his A.D.

Back