ASU - Stubbs Advances to NCAA Final in 200-Meter Dash

Olde Hornet

EUGENE, Ore. – Sophomore sprinter Jamarion Stubbs continues to etch his name in the Alabama State record books. The Las Vegas native clocked in a time of 20.15 in the 200-meter dash to win the third heat and qualify for the finals Friday at 9:37 p.m.

"I would like to thank Coach Beene and Coach Anderson for helping me get to this point," Stubbs said. "Excited to represent Alabama State University and the HBCU community on Friday night."

ASU head coach Ritchie Beene is pleased with Stubbs' success.

"I am excited for Jamarion," added Beene. "He did a good job executing his race and we are looking forward to the finals on Friday."

Stubbs ran the fourth fastest time in the semifinals.

EUGENE, Ore. – Sophomore sprinter Jamarion Stubbs continues to etch his name in the Alabama State record books. The Las Vegas native clocked in a time of 20.15 in the 200-meter dash to win the third heat and qualify for the finals Friday at 9:37 p.m.

"I would like to thank Coach Beene and Coach Anderson for helping me get to this point," Stubbs said. "Excited to represent Alabama State University and the HBCU community on Friday night."

ASU head coach Ritchie Beene is pleased with Stubbs' success.

"I am excited for Jamarion," added Beene. "He did a good job executing his race and we are looking forward to the finals on Friday."

Stubbs ran the fourth fastest time in the semifinals.
I hope he has a great NIL package at ASU. I’d imagine these other universities are going to be aggressive with him this summer.

He did well last year and didn’t leave so I’m hoping the same happens.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Stubbs Earns All-American Honors at NCAA Outdoor Championships​

EUGENE, Ore. – Sophomore sprinter Jamarion Stubbs placed seventh overall in the 200-meter dash with a time of 20.59. The Las Vegas native also earned First Team All-American honors for earning a top-eight finish.

"I would like to thank Coach Beene and Coach Anderson for believing in me and helping me prepare for this moment," Stubbs said. "It's an honor to be an All-American and to represent Alabama State University, the Southwestern Athletic Conference, and the HBCU community. I truly do appreciate the support and well-wishes."

Bama State head coach Ritchie Beene is proud of Stubbs' accomplishments and can't wait to see what's next for the All-American.

Back