Are you letting your child play sports this fall?

My 9 year old grandson's travel baseball team finally realized his mom was serious and stopped calling to see if he was gonna play...but the coach stayed in touch with him. He did go to tryouts for 10U ball next season and was drafted by the top team. Not playing this year but working with his hitting coach and adding a position coach to work on his field paid off.

My oldest grandson is a senior basketball player. Several AAU coaches reached out to his dad (who coaches him in high school - assistant coach) but my son and my grandson's mom decided to just let him work out and train with his dad and with his high school team (they opted not to play AAU either). The HC followed protocol and assigned each player an individual ball and water. He's hoping to have a basketball season as he wants to play collegiately. He's good if not because he's gotten Academic Offer from TnState and has been contacted by SU & Tuskegee about scholarship opportunities. He plans to be a Veterinarian.

GSU is sending students home who are not wearing mask.....with no refund!!! There is a statewide mandate for mask and if they are not abiding by it they get the boot.

My 9 year old grandson's travel baseball team finally realized his mom was serious and stopped calling to see if he was gonna play...but the coach stayed in touch with him. He did go to tryouts for 10U ball next season and was drafted by the top team. Not playing this year but working with his hitting coach and adding a position coach to work on his field paid off.

My oldest grandson is a senior basketball player. Several AAU coaches reached out to his dad (who coaches him in high school - assistant coach) but my son and my grandson's mom decided to just let him work out and train with his dad and with his high school team (they opted not to play AAU either). The HC followed protocol and assigned each player an individual ball and water. He's hoping to have a basketball season as he wants to play collegiately. He's good if not because he's gotten Academic Offer from TnState and has been contacted by SU & Tuskegee about scholarship opportunities. He plans to be a Veterinarian.

Yea my son is working out with his personal trainer (Robert Butler-former G-Man and Trainer).

FSU football player accuses school of lying about Covid-19 safety
All of them are lying.. ESPN need there investment.. SEC Network, ACC Network and Longhorn Network

My poor first cousins are under the control of anglo males at predominantly anglo schools that are 99.999999% staunch republican and trump supporters.

I cannot speak towards them w/out cursing at them and telling them how dumb they are not protecting their sons. I also planted a great seed, in front of their sons, by telling them as soon as their sons mature and become decently intelligent, they will grow to hate their mothers for not protecting them and allowing dwight'nem to use them.

I think I counted 109 high school football games played in the state of Alabama last week.

Huntsville teams played. I heard the folks were out without mask and not social distancing at all.

thats not true.... I went to two games... everybody was spread out and you couldn't get in the stadium without a mask.... no concessions were served.... larger schools are moving their games to Louis Crews for social distancing.

Yes, my daughter's at PV and she's "chomping at the bit" to play Volleyball. We'll see what happens in the spring......

thats not true.... I went to two games... everybody was spread out and you couldn't get in the stadium without a mask.... no concessions were served.... larger schools are moving their games to Louis Crews for social distancing.
Yeah I should have clarified my statement. They said the people on Jemison side did good, but the folks on Hazel Green side was another story.

Yeah I should have clarified my statement. They said the people on Jemison side did good, but the folks on Hazel Green side was another story.
I was at the Buckhorn vs Madison County High game, and while they were required to wear a mask to get into the stadium. Once they got a good bit away from the ticket gate, a lot of people had chin straps, mouth guards, or neck warmers. I sat near the band and around me people were social distancing, but that could've been my angry black man look as well!

This is what america wanted - they have it!!!!

Grieving parents share warning as more colleges mull football season: "We took the risk"

Two of college football's biggest conferences, the Pac-12 and the Big 10, are now rethinking their plans to suspend the season over coronavirus concerns as more and more students return to school. However some people, like the parents of 20-year-old Jamain Stephens, are worried the schools are rushing towards potentially devastating risks.

"He was literally the light of my life," Stephens' mother, Kelly Allen, told CBS News' Nikki Battiste. "Just an infectious personality, an infectious smile, and just a good guy to his core."

Stephens was a defensive lineman at California University of Pennsylvania, a Division II school that suspended all fall sports competition in July. His mother said Stephens returned to school in part to work out with his teammates.

He died in early September. Although his cause of death has not been disclosed, Stephens' family said he died of a blood clot to the heart after testing positive for COVID-19.

My son's school opened last week for in person learning but I told my son he has to stay remote in the first week 2 teachers got COVID and this week 2 students got it smh

Back