Anyone Watch the IAAF (Track & Field) World Championships?

MetroPhillyTiger

I see the Americans beat the Jamaicans in the 100m.

170805231844-usain-bolt-justin-gatlin-dip-for-the-line-exlarge-169.jpg

r

Where is Sand Hill, MS?

Yeah. Usain Bolt lost his first race ever and his last race before he retires. He actually came in third place.
Gatlin finally beat him at 35 years of age.

Last edited:

Bolt said he was not in his best shape before the race. But hey Gaitlin finally won only to have it overshadowed by Bolt taking a well deserved farewell stroll afterwards lol. The women's 100 finals race was way more interesting though. Lol If you haven't seen it, watch it as I can't do it justice lol

I thought the sister from Africa had it...but she didn't lean forward. Yeah, Bolt coming in 3rd seems like he wasn't in the best shape.

I see the Americans beat the Jamaicans in the 100m.

Bolt getting beat in the 100 did not surprise me at all. After DeGrasse (Canada) got injured before the Championships, I thought Coleman would be the one to beat Bolt (which he did). I never figured Gatlin in the mix.

I thought Bowie (US) had a good chance of beating Thompson (Jamaica) which she did. But Thompson not finishing in the top three???? WOW!!!

Before this recent loss, who beat him?

He false started a race that was his lost. No one beat him.

It looks like the US is in good hands beause Coleman looked damn good and Bowie is just starting to find out what she can really do.

I saw Bowie's high school basketball coach last year, we went to college together, and she says that young lady has always been the truth when it came to sports.

Despite this run of form, he suffered only the second loss of his career in a 100 m final at the DN Galan. Tyson Gay soundly defeated him with a run of 9.84 to Bolt's 9.97 seconds, and the Jamaican reflected that he had slacked off in training early in the season while Gay had been better prepared and in a better condition.[158]

This marked Bolt's first loss to Gay in the 100 m, which coincidentally occurred in the same stadium where Powell had beaten Bolt for the first time two years earlier.[159]

Despite this run of form, he suffered only the second loss of his career in a 100 m final at the DN Galan. Tyson Gay soundly defeated him with a run of 9.84 to Bolt's 9.97 seconds, and the Jamaican reflected that he had slacked off in training early in the season while Gay had been better prepared and in a better condition.[158]

This marked Bolt's first loss to Gay in the 100 m, which coincidentally occurred in the same stadium where Powell had beaten Bolt for the first time two years earlier.[159]

Thanks for the correction.

You need to forward this on to ESPN.

Back