An open and honest question for conversation: Why do our young Brothers keep killing each other?

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I know over the years on this board, we've hit this topic many times over. Today as I was browsing the net, I saw news of yet another supposedly well-known rapper (I have no idea who is relevant anymore) shot and killed like it was nothing. Many of us on this board like me have done much work and reading to try to plant seeds and prevent these similar tragedies. Even when I try to censor my own news feed in social media outlets in order to keep my mind and spirit free of negativity, I still keep seeing news like this. I know I know, there is indeed a lot of good work and positive stories with young brothers that we will never see in the news.

Shout out and much respect to all of you that put in preventive work to keep things good in our hoods.
I have no answers or solutions at this point for the negative. --> I'm just curious to hear the thoughts of others on the question I ask. Nothing more and nothing less.

No corporal punishment.

These kids are what I consider the untouchables. Nobody whooped them. These kids did whatever they wanted to do. I remember when my son brought home a friend and this dude wanted to blast music and curse. I walked in the room and turned the music off and this kid told me "hey i turned that on." My son saw the look in my face and froze. I replied very calmly, "you don't pay bills here. Now get out and don't come back."

These kids were not taught respect. I truly believe that they think that life is a video game and that when you are shot and killed there is a reset button.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know over the years on this board, we've hit this topic many times over. Today as I was browsing the net, I saw news of yet another supposedly well-known rapper (I have no idea who is relevant anymore) shot and killed like it was nothing. Many of us on this board like me have done much work and reading to try to plant seeds and prevent these similar tragedies. Even when I try to censor my own news feed in social media outlets in order to keep my mind and spirit free of negativity, I still keep seeing news like this. I know I know, there is indeed a lot of good work and positive stories with young brothers that we will never see in the news.

Shout out and much respect to all of you that put in preventive work to keep things good in our hoods.
I have no answers or solutions at this point for the negative. --> I'm just curious to hear the thoughts of others on the question I ask. Nothing more and nothing less.
A lot of the problem is that they have no hope for the future, no father in the home, and no education.

Last edited:
Black people are often mired in conditions of poverty, dilapidated infrastructures, lead in their environments, food deserts, alcoholism, previous trauma, unemployment, societal abandonment, etc. all these ecological circumstances breed violence. Also, Black children, especially Boys, are shown less empathy by school teachers and we know that Black males are disproportionately punished more harshly for misdeeds. So when you function in a world that does not value you as a human being, what do we all expect is going to happen?

Last edited:
Many of these young people who are out here acting out of order are the children and grandchildren of the crack epidemic. The crack epidemic ravaged poor black communities and was extremely destructive. Many Black communities still haven't recovered. It's glossed over now. Crack killed parenting for so many with incrassation and addiction. Many of those who weren't parented also didn't parent and allowed I pads and social media to raise their children. It's a big ugly cycle. It seems like we have forgotten all about the crack epidemic. That time period introduced a whole new level of violence and disrespect for each other into the Black community. These are the kids and descendants of the kids born from crack.

I know a few young men who are wilding out, all have addicts in the lineage. But then very few families escaped the crack epidemic unscathed.

The government knows what drug epidemics do to families that is why they are trying to make the epidemics plaguing the YT people a public health issue with all the social and family services they can offer.

Last edited:
Many of these young people who are out here acting out of order are the children and grandchildren of the crack epidemic. The crack epidemic ravaged poor black communities and was extremely destructive. Many Black communities still haven't recovered. It's glossed over now. Crack killed parenting for so many with incrassation and addiction. Many of those who weren't parented also didn't parent and allowed I pads and social media to raise their children. It's a big ugly cycle. It seems like we have forgotten all about the crack epidemic. That time period introduced a whole new level of violence and disrespect for each other into the Black community. These are the kids and descendants of the kids born from crack.

I know a few young men who are wilding out, all have addicts in the lineage. But then very few families escaped the crack epidemic unscathed.

The government knows what drug epidemics do to families that is why they are trying to make the epidemics plaguing the YT people a public health issue with all the social and family services they can offer.
You summarized the problem very well. I have been saying for years that for those born at least fifteen years before the crack epidemic it has been a surreal experience to live through the sad transformation of our people. Prior to the crack epidemic we were a proud people that believed in accountability, respected our elders, venerated our mothers and had a high regard for life all while dealing with poverty and entrenched racism.

Anyone that lived at a time when just the thought of stealing from your own mom would have got you jumped by other dudes in the neighborhood know what I'm talking about. Anyone that lived during the time that when elders were present or around you cleaned up your language quick knows what I'm talking about.

Through out the duration of the crack epidemic and its persistent aftermath there is a generation of us that morphed into excuse makers, exhibited little respect for elders, cared little for women including their own mother and exhibited low regard for black life. As you mentioned, those addicted had children and here we are.

What we seem to innocently omit is the damage caused to the conscience of those that participated or continue to participate in the drug game. Involvement in that type of activity requires a callousness, coldness and heartlessness that erodes any sense of self-respect, respect for others and love for community that an individual may still have or might have had. The damage done stretches generationally, and creates countless victims when those directlly and indirectly affected are considered.

With all that said, we continue to live through the problem but wrapping our arms around a solution remains elusive. Perhaps, it eludes us because we're just simply not in control or influential enough, in the different decision making capacities of this society, to create the systemic changes that are needed to solve the magnitude of the problem.

Poverty, single motherhood, and lack of opportunity. Democrats then teach blacks that whites are to blame for poverty, single mother households, and lack of opportunity to get their votes. Know your past but do not remain there.
I respectfully disagree. There is enough blame to go around for everybody, including ourselves. Have you looked in the mirror lately??? I have.

Poverty, single motherhood, and lack of opportunity. Democrats then teach blacks that whites are to blame for poverty, single mother households, and lack of opportunity to get their votes. Know your past but do not remain there.
So what do white Republicans teach us? Black folks never tell that part. Enlighten me because Tommy Tuberville has some interesting thoughts. So does Kay Ivey and her black face. No black Republican will name a bill that the Republican party has sponsored to help black Americans since 1960. I've been asking black Republicans on this board for 20 years to name five bills the Republican party has sponsored since 1960 to advance black people. Especially in the state of Alabama! Please enlighten me.

Any person who think that Mitchell McConnell and Joe Biden ain't friends or that Lindsey Graham and Chuck Schumacher ain't friends need help. Lol The problem with you black folks is that you just blame the Democratic party for everything failure in the black community, but you never mention the Republican party who doesn't support education for blacks, fair housing, equal rights on employment, health insurance, Ronald Reagan who got rid of mental health all things that have hurt the black community. None of you can name anything that the Republican party has done to attempt to improve those key factors. Please just name five. Hell I'll take two

By the way we all know the faults of the Democratic party. We all know the faults of Joe Biden. What we need to be enlightened on is why and what has the Republican party done to advance the average, notice I said average black American. Please enlighten us. I have been asking this question on this board since 1998 and no one has answered. This should be easy.

What Republicans haven't done their part?????
Yall love to blame Democrats for everything. Pitiful.

11 of the 20 worst states in terms of education are REPUBLICAN.
Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of black residents: Bold are Republican and among the WORST in education.
  1. Mississippi - 38.82%
  2. Louisiana - 33.33%
  3. Georgia - 32.06%
  4. Maryland - 30.96%
  5. South Carolina - 27.28%
  6. Alabama - 26.59%
  7. Delaware - 23.24%
  8. North Carolina - 22.53%
  9. Virginia - 20.56%
  10. Tennessee - 17.29%

So how is that the Democrats fault???

By the way we all know the faults of the Democratic party. We all know the faults of Joe Biden. What we need to be enlightened on is why and what has the Republican party done to advance the average, notice I said average black American. Please enlighten us. I have been asking this question on this board since 1998 and no one has answered. This should be easy.

I did find a website that listed stuff. However it was real interesting everything was before 1975. With quite a few Republicans helping start HBCUS.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/exp...-republicans-have-done-for-blacks-t19727.html

Even of MORE interest once you got past 1977-the list could only name George Bush & his son doing stuff for blacks (in Africa). Along with John Cornyn pushing a bill for Juneteenth to be a national holiday.

I mean if they did ALL this stuff for black folks-why are so many hostile to us?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What Republicans haven't done their part?????
Yall love to blame Democrats for everything. Pitiful.

11 of the 20 worst states in terms of education are REPUBLICAN.
Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of black residents: Bold are Republican and among the WORST in education.
  1. Mississippi - 38.82%
  2. Louisiana - 33.33%
  3. Georgia - 32.06%
  4. Maryland - 30.96%
  5. South Carolina - 27.28%
  6. Alabama - 26.59%
  7. Delaware - 23.24%
  8. North Carolina - 22.53%
  9. Virginia - 20.56%
  10. Tennessee - 17.29%

So how is that the Democrats fault???

Their YT GOP brethren dismiss the poor rankings of these red states by blaming it all on the large population of Blacks (to the silence of Black repubs). But they can never explain why West Virginia is also shitty. I've been asking this same question. How can the states who have been controlled on every level by the GOP somehow be the worst states in the Union in just about every metric ? If it weren't for blue state handouts, these states would be even more third world than they are.

Wow this thread a really taken a turn.

Honestly, both parties have hindered the advancement of Black Americans. Neither political party has clean hands.

The established government both parties continues laughing at Black Americans because we can never come together.

Honestly, both parties have hindered the advancement of Black Americans. Neither political party has clean hands.

The established government both parties continues laughing at Black Americans because we can never come together.
I disagree with the both parties narrative. The Republican party has done anything to solve issues affecting Black Americans or the country as a whole.

His trolling azz knew what he was doing and it worked to perfection again. Get us to pointing and talking about external factors and we completely lose focus on the internal factors where differences can be made independent of external factors.

We have got to stop getting played like this.

Guys that very intentionally gas light like that are the new agent provocateurs in our community.

Last edited:
moms got younger and grandmothers got even younger - some have become very overprotective of their kids and refuse any type of person to discipline them and they run wild - others choose men who don't give a damn and they let kids run wild - some have NEVER lived with a man ever in a house -

just go in a random hood apartment complex and put all of that together and you get what you get

then the welfare system treats you better than getting off welfare in terms of WIC, food Stamps, etc. what incentive do they have?

when your 30-31 with 5 kids and still want to club, etc. and grandmom is watching them who is 45 but want to do the same they only see what they act like

Actually it didn't take a turn. It just shows another factor in why our community is on the shape that it's in. Tommy Tuberville is a US senator who helps makes decisions on funding and legislative bills that has a cause and affect on my community. I live in Alabama where he is a senator so it directly affects me on those issues. He voted and has input on education, roads, health care, companies, environmental issues and other things that directly has input on my black family and friends in Alabama. There are multiple sides that hinder our community.

Actually it didn't take a turn. It just shows another factor in why our community is on the shape that it's in. Tommy Tuberville is a US senator who helps makes decisions on funding and legislative bills that has a cause and affect on my community. I live in Alabama where he is a senator so it directly affects me on those issues. He voted and has input on education, roads, health care, companies, environmental issues and other things that directly has input on my black family and friends in Alabama. There are multiple sides that hinder our community.
I struggle with this argument because I see the history of success Black people had under greater oppression. Black Wall Street in OK is not the only thriving Black City destroyed out of jealousy. I look at how many Black's were in politics after reconstruction. The Blue Print is there.

Currently, NEITHER POLITICAL PARTY has pushed restitution for Black Americans. The crimes have been recorded in this countries history. Which party seeks justice and restitution? Neither, so miss me with that. I'll vote for whichever party offers me the greatest personal benefit. Until Black Americans come together, I will be looking out for my loved ones and myself. For America's Black citizens all elections are deciding which is the worst of the two evils.

The US government has a history of paying reparations, even for crimes committed by other governments. With a clear omission of anyone with African heritage. Even when the crimes were committed by this government.

Back