America’s dirtiest city is revealed — and it’s not NYC or anywhere near the north

Olde Hornet

Do you think New York’s filthy sidewalks, gross subway cars and rat infestations make it America’s dirtiest city? You’re in for quite a surprise.

A recent study by LawnStarter has crowned Houston, Texas, as the nation’s dirtiest city — bumping Newark, New Jersey from the top spot.

New York City, despite its notorious grime, didn’t even crack the top 10. It landed in 12th place. While the Big Apple dodged the title of dirtiest, it’s still grappling with its trash and pest problems.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Houston????? That has to be a misprint….
No. I don't know about the dirtiest, but pretty dirty. If you come here to a large event, you may be in the areas that they have cleaned or keep clean, and have run all the homeless people away from the area, so as to not be seen. Even if visiting, you may just go to places like the Galleria, downtown, around the stadiums, etc., they try to keep clean and in special management areas like Greenway Plaza, where a specific entity keeps the area clean. However, I can take you to places, that are pretty dirty, trashy, etc. Many places where the undocumented, illegal, those not doing so well, reside. And don't think about all those bayous, especially after a rain, where all the trash from the streets (where people don't pick up or liter) as it has to go somewhere. And the storm drains dump into the bayous. I like to fish, but you will not see me fishing in any of the bayous in the city.

No. I don't know about the dirtiest, but pretty dirty. If you come here to a large event, you may be in the areas that they have cleaned or keep clean, and have run all the homeless people away from the area, so as to not be seen. Even if visiting, you may just go to places like the Galleria, downtown, around the stadiums, etc., they try to keep clean and in special management areas like Greenway Plaza, where a specific entity keeps the area clean. However, I can take you to places, that are pretty dirty, trashy, etc. Many places where the undocumented, illegal, those not doing so well, reside. And don't think about all those bayous, especially after a rain, where all the trash from the streets (where people don't pick up or liter) as it has to go somewhere. And the storm drains dump into the bayous. I like to fish, but you will not see me fishing in any of the bayous in the city.
But thats every city in America..well except Huntsville :) Even Birmingham is MUCH dirtier than Houston… and I’ve been to parts of Mobile that looked like a middle of a war zone.

One has to look at what they are looking at for their ranking. I still believe NYC has more rats. Houston, use to have a lot of rats. But with the Hurricanes and flooding hitting like crazy, last several years, the rats said screw this, and packed up and left. Hell, it's flooding now in parts.

One has to look at what they are looking at for their ranking. I still believe NYC has more rats. Houston, use to have a lot of rats. But with the Hurricanes and flooding hitting like crazy, last several years, the rats said screw this, and packed up and left. Hell, it's flooding now in parts.
I have not seen a rat in years. I thought it was because of all these stray cats we have here.

I have not seen a rat in years. I thought it was because of all these stray cats we have here.
LOL. that may be the case also. My neighbor has 4 cats. 2 only goes home to eat. The rest of the time, one is on my back patio, and the other sleep near my front doorway. I haven't seen or heard any rats or mice.

Back