ALCORN VS MOREHOUSE

WHAT HAPPENED IN CALI WHO WON THE BATTLE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FOOTAGE OF ALCORN VS MOREHOUSE POST IT

Well...I didn't make it out to Cali to support my Maroon Tigers but I can assure you that it was NOOOO battle.

I'm sure Alcorn's Sounds of Dynamite outperformed, outshined, outplayed the House of Funk. Our band is VERY small for a college band.

:retard:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well...I didn't make it out to Cali to support my Maroon Tigers but I can assure you that it was NOOOO battle.

I'm sure Alcorn's Sounds of Dynamite outperformed, outshined, outplayed the House of Funk. Our band is VERY small for a college band.

I didn't attend either, but the funny thing is that I heard it was Morehouse that did well!?!:whatever:

I attended the game...and it was definitely David versus Goliath in terms of numbers. However, I must admit the SWAC was not represented well by Alcorn. Morehouse with a total of 6 tubas, 15 trumpets, 12 clarinets, 4 flutes, 8 trombones, and 5 b-tones, had a better sound, did not overblow, played with clarity and intonation and absolutely gained the W in the stands, on the field, and in the 5th. Alcorn what happened??? I was very surprised seeing and hearing you perform...this is definitely not one of the Alcorn bands from the past. It seems as though some of your members felt that you were being blown out and they tried to over compensate for people that didnt know their part or whatever. On a couple of songs there was either a trombone, tuba, or trumpet badly hanging over and really distorting the sound of that section by trying to overblow. The tuba fanfares were very bad.

Morehouse congrats...
Alcorn...get back to the basics...and above all know your music...

WOW! Well...I surely did not expect THAT response. :swink:

The Morehouse band has been very small in numbers these past few years. Constant changes in band directors have made it difficult to recruit and keep band members. My nephew quit midseason during last year's season. He did finish his first year on the honor roll, and I'm quite proud. But he has ZERO desire to get back in the band.

Our current band director has done quite well with what he has to work with. No, we definitely are NOT a SWAC or MEAC band or one of the better bands in the SIAC. The House of Funk can hold their own in the stands.

I just think a college band should have a certain size to it. I don't think we even have 100 musicians this year.

:swink: Oh well....that's that....

I'm glad to see you have such little confidence in your school. :angry:

I know our strengths and I know our weaknesses but to just express no confidence is just sad. Morehouse put it down as far as the band goes, they were small but kicked ass.

Would you rather have an '07 E class or '87 Buick? I understand there are schools that are better and larger (why I said E class) but we hold our own. If you think louder is better you are misinformed.

Maroon Tiger, not displaying a lack of confidence in the program.
I was just SURPRISED to hear how well they did against Sounds of Dyanmite.
I guess that IS a lack of confidence. Maybe I was a little TOO rough on my school?

And I'm not saying LOUDER is better either cause I have heard plenty of garbage that was LOUD.

Are you in the House of Funk, Maroon Tiger? Just wondering.
Either way, I must apologize! I was wrong in my initial comments.

hangin my head in shame

Maroon Tiger, not displaying a lack of confidence in the program.
I was just SURPRISED to hear how well they did against Sounds of Dyanmite.
I guess that IS a lack of confidence. Maybe I was a little TOO rough on my school?

And I'm not saying LOUDER is better either cause I have heard plenty of garbage that was LOUD.

Are you in the House of Funk, Maroon Tiger? Just wondering.
Either way, I must apologize! I was wrong in my initial comments.

hangin my head in shame

Not a band member, just a fand of good music and presentation... I just knew regardless of our size we were always pretty good.

We all know Mission College ain't won Homecoming yet! (Shout to all my fellow greeks)
I wish we could get a lot of our programs on track instead of just resting on our academics. I am proud the House ranks highly among all institutions, Black or White.
It's just a good band, a good football team, etc. instills a sense of pride amongst the students (current and potential) and alumni.

:D I know...and I hear and feel ya, Maroon Tiger.

And no you didn't pull out "MISSION COLLEGE" Oooh Heyal!!! ;)

I attended the game...and it was definitely David versus Goliath in terms of numbers. However, I must admit the SWAC was not represented well by Alcorn. Morehouse with a total of 6 tubas, 15 trumpets, 12 clarinets, 4 flutes, 8 trombones, and 5 b-tones, had a better sound, did not overblow, played with clarity and intonation and absolutely gained the W in the stands, on the field, and in the 5th. Alcorn what happened??? I was very surprised seeing and hearing you perform...this is definitely not one of the Alcorn bands from the past. It seems as though some of your members felt that you were being blown out and they tried to over compensate for people that didnt know their part or whatever. On a couple of songs there was either a trombone, tuba, or trumpet badly hanging over and really distorting the sound of that section by trying to overblow. The tuba fanfares were very bad.

Morehouse congrats...
Alcorn...get back to the basics...and above all know your music...

Well I heard totally different from TWO current members of Morehouse's band and one former member who made the trip that the S.O.D. did great as well as the GGs........

if you're saying that morehouse did well and Alcorn didn't, then I heard no such thing. Morehouse is no Swac band. That is all.

Others backed my statement, I just simply said what was told to me and what is being said on other forums. As far as the last part of your statement......:retard:

There are some clips of the 5th quarter on themarchingnetwork....

based off those clips...I honestly think Alcorn had a cleaner sound that morehouse. Morehouse had a lot of funk though...that neck was nice! big ups.

Um...but the camera man was like DIRECTLY IN FRONT of MC and far back from ASU. So...if you compare them that way...just blah...here are the clips...lol

Round 1
ASU - Crazy
MC - Before I Let Go
http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/category/Alcorn+State/0/ee095958-898e-47c2-a1f0-984e0184bf16.htm

Round 2
ASU - Before I Let Go
MC - Neck
http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/category/Alcorn+State/0/17044ba1-1e25-49dc-b778-984e01882b43.htm

Others backed my statement, I just simply said what was told to me and what is being said on other forums. As far as the last part of your statement......:retard:
I don't trust the 5th...they are all against the SWAC no matter what...

I don't trust the 5th...they are all against the SWAC no matter what...

Those didn't come from the 5Q. There are 3 more band websites outside of here and 5Q. Besides, they don't have any beef with TSPN, PsychoJag, DT, and JSU Noise Talker are frequent guests on 5Q, but if you are talking about meacfans.com, then your statement is justified...to an extent! But nevertheless I didn't see those comments on there either, since neither is in the MEAC....research your websites!:lecture:

Since you wanted to bring 5Q peeps in here , I put the topic below...yes there are SWAC members on there, but no one from there is bashing or talking **** about S.O.D.

http://www.the5thquarter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30282

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know my websites...I'm i frequent them all. I just don't post on all of them. Don't get so defensive about the 5th...REALLY!

Calm down, lol...i never stated they "bashed" or talked shat about S.O.D.
I critique my band the same way I would any other band.

Does Morehouse have any Mellowphones?

Once you play Neck in the 5th Quarter its a rap. You have by "default" lost the 5th.

:lol:

ASU that "Before I Let Go" sounded shot to Sh1t!!!

Please clean that arrangement up. Morehouse sounded better on theirs with a third of the instruments than you did.

LORD.

I love bands and i am the first to say when alcorn, "my alcorn" sucks!! I heard a different sorry about ASU and MC. I heard that the Sounds ripped it up, and who ever said morehouse sounded good on neck and before i let go, need to be shot at! I hope you are not a music major, if so change your major general college and say you parents money!

Does Morehouse have any Mellowphones?

Once you play Neck in the 5th Quarter its a rap. You have by "default" lost the 5th.

:lol:

Sorry sonny but in the the SWAC we call what morehouse did and sounded like, ZOOOOOOOO!!! Esp. Neck

Are you Forreal?

Alcorn sounded like POO.

Dude you stupid!! did you listen to Morehouse college or Miles College, the both have the same letter"MC". morehouse sound like mess! I hope that's not the best that Hot Lanta has to offer!. I seen and heard the Sounds on and off the field, it's not like alcorn 98-00 but also not alcorn 02-03, way better than, cleaner and more symphonic than Morehouse! Are you a failing music major looking for a way back up!!!!!!!!You never see the SWAC trying to be like the other HBCU conferences but the other guys trying to be like the SWAC!!!

Back