Alcorn vs. Mississippi Valley updates

Spiller catches a Carrie pass and is tackled inside the Valley 10 yard line!!

1st and goal Braves with 3:05 remaining.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Alcorn goes for two and the attempt is intercepted.

Alcorn has a one point lead with 1:43 left in the 4th quarter

Alcorn 31
MVSU 30

Here we go!! Hold on to your hats in Itta Bena!!

Play has stopped due to an injury to Kenneth Williams from Alcorn that is requiring the ambulance. It's only an ankle injury.

What tuba section is that playing the bass line to Alcorn's "Chameleon"? If that's Alcorn...fine. If it's Valley...they need to get some of their own stuff!!

4th down Valley at the 45 yard line.

51 seconds left and the ball is caught at the 27 yard line.

THE BALL IS INTERCEPTED!!!!! HOBBS PICKS OFF THE NELSON PASS!!!

Alcorn is going to come away with this victory!! Man, this was a helluva game!!

Alcorn will take a few knees with Valley only having one timeout. Valley calls the timeout.

Carrie takes a knee and it's over!!!

Alcorn 31
MVSU 30
Final

Our defense has got to get better!! Now, I'm hating that I didn't go to this game!! Something told me to make the trip from Atlanta to Itta Bena for this game but I didn't go. Now, I'm mad I didn't follow my first mind.

Donald Carrie became the 2nd QB in Alcorn history to eclipse the 10,000 yard mark yesterday. He became the 5th QB in SWAC history to do it (Trailing Steve McNair, Willie Totten, Darnell Kennedy, and Robert Kent).

Antroy said:
Carrie takes a knee and it's over!!!

Alcorn 31
MVSU 30
Final

Our defense has got to get better!! Now, I'm hating that I didn't go to this game!! Something told me to make the trip from Atlanta to Itta Bena for this game but I didn't go. Now, I'm mad I didn't follow my first mind.

Now Antroy,you know that Valley always play their best game of the season against Alcorn.You also know that the Purple and Gold take over the delta on that day.It was a great day for football.

Oh,that was Valley's tubas #@^% up Chameleon at that point. :smh:

Antroy said:
Play has stopped due to an injury to Kenneth Williams from Alcorn that is requiring the ambulance. It's only an ankle injury.

What tuba section is that playing the bass line to Alcorn's "Chameleon"? If that's Alcorn...fine. If it's Valley...they need to get some of their own stuff!!

Valley played it at AAMU....

but I wouldnt say the song is Alcorn's.... because Jacksonville State has played it EVERY game for a while.... funny thing is Jacksonville State plays it the same way Alcorn does... by keeping it going and it is a fan favorite.... so question is who did Alcorn get it from?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DAHILL said:
Valley played it at AAMU....

but I wouldnt say the song is Alcorn's.... because Jacksonville State has played it EVERY game for a while.... funny thing is Jacksonville State plays it the same way Alcorn does... by keeping it going and it is a fan favorite.... so question is who did Alcorn get it from?
I doubt we got it from them...Johnson is always coming up with some stuff off the top of his head

purplerush said:
Now Antroy,you know that Valley always play their best game of the season against Alcorn.You also know that the Purple and Gold take over the delta on that day.It was a great day for football.

Oh,that was Valley's tubas #@^% up Chameleon at that point. :smh:
That was a crazy game. Man were did the defense go. Things have got to get better. It's kinda funny though. We have Latria Jones as our defensive coordinator after he was fired from Valley. Enough said on that situation.
Alcorn had a nice crowd at the game. Being that the visitor side is larger than the home side, it is safe to say that Alcorn should've been the home team. Good game though Valley. If the Devils keep playing like that and actually play a complete 4 quarter game, they are going to cause a lot of damage next season.

Oh and by the way I found out why there was so much talk about Valley. OMG that is a funny looking campus. But I did like those bad azs apartments that looked like they were 5 miles away from campus.

Whats so funny about our Campus? Alcorn did bring alot of fans, but have the seats on the visitor side had Valley state Fans in them. We had our fans also. So don't lie like ASU should have been the home team. When we come to alcorn the game is not even that exciting. ASU don't even cheer for there team. We cheer about everything at The Valley.

Devilsh1 said:
Whats so funny about our Campus? Alcorn did bring alot of fans, but have the seats on the visitor side had Valley state Fans in them. We had our fans also. So don't lie like ASU should have been the home team. When we come to alcorn the game is not even that exciting. ASU don't even cheer for there team. We cheer about everything at The Valley.

OK but who travels with their team. From my understanding you all may have filled half the visitor side that's including the band. I'm just saying it wasn't that many Valley folks on the visitor side. And you say it's not that exciting, true it isn't because we usually don't have a problem with you all on the Reservation. Oh and the cheering. true enough we may not be the best fans in the world but we know when we have to do what we have to do. It's hard to make those old folks do the things that the younger fans do. But still much love to the Delta Devils.

Back