Jackson, MS
Mississippi Veterans Memorial
1:30 p.m.

12-13
SWAC Championship
Birmingham, AL
Legion Field
1:30 p.m.

Can anynoe tell me about Stephen F. Austin, i have never heard of this school?
Will AAMu travel to Alcorn this season?
Will PV travel to Alcorn this year?

Stephen F. Austin State University is a PWC located in Nacogdoches, TX. It is a member of the Southland Conference along with the following schools.

Lamar
Univ of Louisiana-Monroe
McNeese St
Nicholls St
Northwestern St
Sam Houston St
Southeastern St
Univ of Texas-Arlington
Univ of Texas-San Antonio

Choppas, I would love to see PVU go to Alcorn..., besides PV owes you a trip but I doubt very seriously if they make the trip. I am pretty sure the band director will find some reason that he feels will be a valid reason for the band not to travel anywhere besides Houston and Dallas !

Originally posted by Quietstorm
Choppas, I would love to see PVU go to Alcorn..., besides PV owes you a trip but I doubt very seriously if they make the trip. I am pretty sure the band director will find some reason that he feels will be a valid reason for the band not to travel anywhere besides Houston and Dallas !

Maybe one day when they make a classic, but i doubt it ! much love from the all mighty tower of power to the funk box!!!!!!

And if my memory serves me correctly, SFA also plays on astroturf.....

Just something else thrown in.....

:dude:

What do we have to do to get PVU and Texas Southern to come to Alcorn? We've been to both and they haven't been here yet (with the exception of TxSU coming here in '97 for the Magnolia Classic).

Texas Southern, PV A&M

I would love to see Texas Southern andPV A&M playing another opponent in the Circle City Classic in Indianapolis. Just about every team that has played in it the last few years has had multiple appearances in the classic, ie, TennState, Southern, FAMU, Howard, Jackson State, NC A&T, Grambling, etc. And I love watching those teams but I would really like to see some different teams in it and also on BET.

Has Texas Southern OR PV A&M ever been INVITED to play in the CCC? It's loooong overdue. :tup:

Re: Texas Southern, PV A&M

Originally posted by SayWhat

Has Texas Southern OR PV A&M ever been INVITED to play in the CCC? It's loooong overdue. :tup:

PV is in the process of rebuilding so that they(we) can field a better football team !! Maybe, soon thereafter we will get an opportunity to play in more classsics !

Yeah, Alcorn did come to SU last year. We were supposed to play Southern last year but due to a problem with us going to Los Angeles to play the second of a home and home with Cal-Poly, we dropped them and added SU. SU paid us to come to them last year. This year, we are rotated back on the SU schedule and we are coming back to SU since the last official game against them was at Alcorn in 2000.

It would be nice if Alcorn came to Houston Texas this year and played Alcorn. I haven't seen their band since 98 when they played Grambling in Chicago. So Alcorn, Are you guys coming to Houston this year? TxSU is waiting.

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
It would be nice if Alcorn came to Houston Texas this year and played Alcorn. I haven't seen their band since 98 when they played Grambling in Chicago. So Alcorn, Are you guys coming to Houston this year? TxSU is waiting.

You missed it then Harmonical. That same year that we played Grambling in Chicago, we went to Houston for the Alcorn-Texas Southern game. We went back to Houston in 2000 for the Alcorn-PVU game.
I don't know if the band is going or not. We're still waiting on the Ocean to come to Alcorn. We were there in '99 and they still haven't been here.

C'mon now Texas Southern and Prairie View. It's time for you all to do better. Time to let the past be the past, and get on the road for a change.

Back