Alcorn St vs Alabama St: Game Updates

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
For the Alcorn St broadcast click here

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Apparently, Bama State is for real. I didn't expect them to handle the Braves so decisively. Do you Bama State fans think the team would be performing this well under Cole?

It seems that the team has rallied together and overcame the off season circus. Kudos to those young men and the coaching staff for rising about all that and putting the distractions behind them.

Seems you guys are making some noise over there.

Originally posted by Killer Bees
Alabama State 49
Alcorn State 28

Final.

Team Statistics Alcorn State Alabama State
First downs ...........19...........18
Rushes-Yards ....42 - 126 36 - 226
Passing yards ....233 144
Sacked-Yards lost ..4 - 46 3 - 4
Return yards ..........26 43
Passes .......16 - 29 - 3 10 - 22 - 1
Punts-Average .......6 - 38.5 6 - 36.7
Fumbles-Lost ..........3 - 3 6 - 3
Penalties-Yards ...10 - 83 7 - 94
Time of Possession 34:40 25:20

Player Statistics

Passing
Alcorn State Cmp Att Yds Int
Carrie, Donald 16 29 233 3
Dumas, Sidney 0 0 0 0

Alabama State Cmp Att Yds Int
Jackson, Tarvaris 10 20 144 1
Forston, Nick 0 2 0 0

Rushing
Alcorn State Att Yds
Burks, Andrew 11 56
Lester, Robert 6 42
Dumas, Sidney 14 37
Williams, Ken 1 2
Carrie, Donald 10 -11

Alabama State Att Yds
Williams, Keldrick 13 113
Jackson, Tarvaris 10 75
Randolph, Robert 7 16
Lucas, Chad 1 14
Carter, Lee 1 5
Holmes, Justin 3 2
Abrams, Jatavious 1 1

Receiving
Alcorn State Att Yds
Johnson, Corvin 5 139
Spiller, Charlie 2 29
Young, Courtney 2 26
Turner, LaMarcus 2 16
Lester, Robert 1 13
Parsons, Tyrone 1 9
Hughes, Nate 1 3
Dumas, Sidney 2 -2

Alabama State Att Yds
Lucas, Chad 1 67
Glover, Reginald 2 20
Horace, Brandon 2 19
Williams, Keldrick 2 15
Carter, Lee 1 11
Harris, Clayton 1 7
Jones, Greg 1 5

SOURCE: USA TODAY

It looks like the SWAC East Title is going to go through the Alabama teams again.

Alabama State must be the truth this year!!

Alabama State is the truth!!! They will win the SWAC East. Their offense needs some work but the defense looks pretty solid. Their weakness is probably at the Corners. They blitz pretty much on everydown. The linebacker/Whip Marcus Winn #22 is one Hell of a player. We will see him on Sundays for sure!!!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Apparently, Bama State is for real. I didn't expect them to handle the Braves so decisively. Do you Bama State fans think the team would be performing this well under Cole?

It seems that the team has rallied together and overcame the off season circus. Kudos to those young men and the coaching staff for rising about all that and putting the distractions behind them.

Seems you guys are making some noise over there.

I may have to cosign this. I will be watching Alabama State.

It was a very interesting game. Alabama State scored a touchdown early and then seem to ran out of gas for a while. Alcorn had the lead into the half.

During the third quarter, both teams were tied until the end of the 3rd. Bama State scored three unanswered touchdowns in a row.

I believe the guys would have played the same under Cole because Cole built this team. I have absolutely nothing against Coe, but this team is a product of Cole.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Do you Bama State fans think the team would be performing this well under Cole?

Yes.... w/o doubt. This team is loaded w/talent he brought in here especially on offense. Even w/ Coe running a watered down version of JC's HOBO, they're still putting up big points. Defensively?.... mannnnnn!!!! :ebrow: :nod:

Big arse co-sign

Yah,

That's the HOBO, alright...

I think the good thing is that Coe realized that it would be a lot easier for the players to deal with Cole's HOBO offense as opposed to bringing in a completely different system under the given circumstances...

I respect the fact that Coe took it upon himself to learn the system, as opposed to not giving the players on the roster the benefit of the doubt. The more he learns about the offense from the players, the more effective his play-calling will be as the season goes on.

I also think kthe kids got a real chip on their shoulders this season. Their pissed about what went down with our program in the off-season and they intend to channel that frustration through their play...

That's bad news for everybod else as the season goes on...

Apparently Coe has an understanding of Organizational Behavior. In this field of study, one thing that is discussed a great deal is managing change. It states that one of the reason folk resist change is due to their fear of the unknown. The best way to reduce this resistance is to allow for participation by those that the change is being enacted upon.

Coe's decision to stay with the HOBO reduces the fear of the unknown, built the players trust (in him), and allows them to have input when he tweaks the offense. I'm sure he's "tweaked" some things, but when it's done on the practice field the players are more likely to buy into it.

Dude has done a good job so far. It could have been easy for him to have a Transactional Mgmt style (he sets the step by step actions/path that the team will take), but instead he is employing a Transformational style (he acts as the visionary who keeps the guys focused on the objective).

[okay...session over]:D

Mr.Charlie is an executive head coach Lol!!! he doesn't make any calls during the game. Hell he's on the opposite end of the sideline during the game.Except for defensive coordinator he brought from UGA who has really tweaked the defense Coe really hasn't done a dang thang!! My hats are off the the assistant coaches for holding the team together

Back