Alabama State vs. Bethune-Cookman: Game Updates

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
good game

i am glad to see ASU bouncing back from the LC scandal under Coach Coe

keep fighting Hornets!

Originally posted by bluedog
Man please, they were suppose to be all dat in 1998 when they went undeated and we wax dat @ss 28-2 in the heritage bowl. Those fools just like to run their mouths, all the week before the game their coach and wide receiver were talking alot of trash, I don't think I need to tell you how quiet it was all their side of the field.

But to answer your question I think the hornets and the braves are the real deal.
Originally posted by GRAM4LIFE
I feel you on that. I remember that. I guess the MEAC folks won't be so quick to think that their champ is great.

You all really should wait until the game is over before you start talking....

dont pay BluBell any mind

all he talks about was the BIG WIN in 98 when Southern beat B-CC

shoot, my daughter was still in diapers when that game was played - now she can read at a sixth grade level (which makes her qualified to teach Blu how to read "better")

again, good game ASU and best of luck the rest of the way through

* tired *

Dang it!

This was a pretty good game.
BCC's QB, Super, is fast as heck!

Definitely reminds you of M. Vick.
BUT without the arm.

They have some very quick key players on their team.
However, the playbook must consist of 3-4 plays, no joke!
It's just you have to respect the fact that Super will start up run the ball down the field if you leave even a crack in the defense.

BCC is not unstoppable, no doubt. They escaped the bullet on this one. I PROMISE YOU... on our last drive they was some faulty referring (sp) no doubt. Heck we scored on a fumble and they ruled it down?! Yet they recovered on the same type play and it counted? WHat! A missed pass interference call! That along with one or two poorly executed plays and that hindered the W.

Dang it! I wanted their heads on a platter!!!
I wished another SWAC team would play them this year.
Just watch our game --- you'll win if you have a good defense.
Scoring... sure. But, hold their key play maker, the QB, Super.... and they are a bunch of dead weight!

Anywho... it's time for some conference play --- we've tested ourselves against some nice competition and held our own.

Let's play some SWAC ball now!!
Later for them meac cats.

:cool:

Originally posted by A&T Brandmasta
You all really should wait until the game is over before you start talking....
I think that this came from the fact of the MEAC saying that this game was going to be a blowout because FAMU wasn't good and BCC is great. Clearly, they have not seperated themselves from anyone.

B C C is a one man show!! Super was Super! One nice hit on Super and BCC season is over!!

BCC has a nice band. Good show!

State should have won but the interim coach for ASU is to conservative. The play calling could have been a lot better. I don't think Coe tried to stretch the field once thru the first 3 quarters. The play calling most definantly wasn't Cole-Blooded!

be grateful that ASU football is no longer "Cole Blooded" because those transfusions almost got y'all on NCAA probation if not worse

as for "No Suber, No Season" that is what folks said after AS went down in Greensboro

We won that game and we won two more conference games without him - including the 37 - 10 blowout of FAMU in The Classic (we had a freshman win Game MVP because it is OUR SYSTEM the wins games)

**remember the greatest NFL team in the sixties were the Green Bay Packers and they only ran sweep right, and sweep left and executed it so well that they DARED teams to stop what everyone know was coming

great, you know our whole play book and, ooh, our starting quarterback is faster than most of your tailbacks but we had over 400 yards of total offense (including about 300 and change on the ground) and Suber only had about 130 yards rushing

where did the other two hundred seventy yards on the ground come from ... LC Cole's legal defense team???

we won the game - learn to be good sports about it (that's probably why ASU is second tier SWAC at best - they're not used to winning so they dont know how to act like winners)

now, instead of crying because we arent scheduled to play any of your SWAC big brothers for THIS year, start getting ready for you annual loss to Tuskegee in the Turkey Day Classic (guess who's the turkey?)

Saddam Hussein or Hassan, whatever your name is, I don' t care what you say, BCC is a one man show. As for Coach Coles, he is innocent until proven guilty, no proof yet. Thats why the NC2A hasn't done anything. You need to worry about BCC and not Bama State. FAMU got something for BCC! Join a real conference, the MEAC is all about FAMU. Hussein, you know it and everybody else do too. Have a nice day, Partna!

SMACK BOARD is over there ------->
You heard the man.

We'll be waiting... no need talkin noise on this board.
Especially on this thread!

Manners, manners....

:rolleyes:

just a question...

If BCC is a one-man show, how did somebody not named Suber average over 8 yards a carry on your defense? Some kid named Rodney Johnson had 156 yards on 19 carries. Suber only had 130 yards rushing. :)

Sounds like a nice team effort if the O-line was able to open up holes to allow for two 100+ yard rushers like that.

U right slick, another time and another place. Just trying to tick Hassan off.

And for the other comment, the running back got 156 yards because the whole defense was trying to watch Super. When Super touch the ball it is scary, this guy runs around like Vick. It's nothing for him to turn what should be a sack into a 20 yard gainer. You will have to know a little something about football to understand what I am talking about A&T. If your school plays Super you will find out. Not to discount the rest of the team, but I am pretty sure they would not have won without him.

Originally posted by hassan
as for "No Suber, No Season" that is what folks said after AS went down in Greensboro

We won that game and we won two more conference games without him - including the 37 - 10 blowout of FAMU in The Classic (we had a freshman win Game MVP because it is OUR SYSTEM the wins games)

Suber's COMING OUT game was against NCAT (he came in during the second half as a freshman and we lost a heartbreaker)

the following year we lost to the Aggies at home on a questionable call

the year after that, Suber went down with an injury and we managed to beat them in Greensboro

So, Suber has never - technically - beaten A&T ... but he will this year

oh Hornetboy for an accountant, i really really hope that - for your clients' sake - that you crunch numbers better than you read

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back