Alabama State sweep at SWAC Indoor Track and Field Championships

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Alabama State swept the 2020 Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Indoor Track and Field Championships Friday, repeating for the fourth consecutive year with both teams winning championships.

The Lady Hornets claimed their 12th consecutive championship and 16th championship since 2002 with their performance this week.

On the men’s side Alabama State won their four consecutive title.

Women - Team Rankings - 17 Events Scored
1)Alabama State 183.5
2)Prairie View A&M 146
3)Alabama A&M 81
4)Arkansas-Pine Bluff 63
5)Grambling 55
6)Southern 47.5
7)Jackson State 28
8)Texas Southern 27
9)Alcorn State 17
10)Mississippi Valley 15

Men - Team Rankings - 17 Events Scored
1)Alabama State 171.5
2)Prairie View A&M 139
3)Jackson State 122
4)Texas Southern 97
5)Arkansas-Pine Bluff 60.5
6)Southern 50
7)Mississippi Valley 12
8)Alcorn State 10

With all this success I’d never think about leaving our brothers and sisters in the SWAC like some of those in the MEAC have done

Alabama State swept the 2020 Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Indoor Track and Field Championships Friday, repeating for the fourth consecutive year with both teams winning championships.

The Lady Hornets claimed their 12th consecutive championship and 16th championship since 2002 with their performance this week.

Are the other ladies even trying, asking for a friend? Keep it going Hornets!
View: https://media.giphy.com/media/S6NfXNzmwrBwAseDyf/giphy.gif

Reactions: J C
We had an All American girl from Huntsville transfer in as a grad student after graduating from University of Arizona. She is one of the fastest women in the world. #2 in the US in the 400...... She won the 200, 400, 4x400 and was second in the 60 in last weekends SWAC Championship. She could have transferred anywhere in the country... but she wanted to finish her last year at home so her mom could see her run agin. She was the track MVP on the SWAC Championships.

AAMU women's track team on the rise..Coach Jones is building

I don't know about building.

Y'all got that Robinson kid that won the 200 & 400 meters (20 points), second in the 60 meters (8 points) and secured the mile relay (2.5 points per leg) for a total of 30.5 that will be gone after this season as she was a grad transfer.

I don't know about building.

Y'all got that Robinson kid that won the 200 & 400 meters (20 points), second in the 60 meters (8 points) and secured the mile relay (2.5 points per leg) for a total of 30.5 that will be gone after this season as she was a grad transfer.

I was just about to say this..... one girl carried that team...lol

I think it's time for Bama state to actually build a track for those kids. On second thought that may mess up everything

Reactions: J C

Back