AAMU band...

Talked with Dir. Wright several years ago, he said that quality was priority one and in time the numbers would increase but not sacrifice quality. This is probably the largest since he has taken over. Having Warrens arrangements is definitely a plus. Some believe huge numbers and blasting makes a good band I don't think you will see that with Wright.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, they didn't show up in Jackson. Probably good that they didn't from the way The BOOM sounded yesterday.

I dont think they'd care much about that lol. Pretty much all HBCU bands have certain games/events that they're going to in a calendar year. Same as yall didn't go to FAMU. Plus they sound damn good.

I dont think they'd care much about that lol. Pretty much all HBCU bands have certain games/events that they're going to in a calendar year. Same as yall didn't go to FAMU. Plus they sound damn good.
And the boom played on

Well, they didn't show up in Jackson. Probably good that they didn't from the way The BOOM sounded yesterday.

Y’all didnt miss out on anything by them not being there.

Jim Hill coulda been there it would have been the same as AAMU being there.

Y’all didnt miss out on anything by them not being there.

Jim Hill coulda been there it would have been the same as AAMU being there.

I know yall aren't looking forward to magic city though lol. Here's an honest question. With all yall have done to improve the campus down there, between State, AAMU, Miles, and Talladega.. I really don't get how ya'll are where ya'll are. It seems like everyone is out recruiting and better performing. What's your thoughts on why that is? I get AAMU, but how in the world is Talladega such a recruiting force in the state without even having a football team?

I know yall aren't looking forward to magic city though lol. Here's an honest question. With all yall have done to improve the campus down there, between State, AAMU, Miles, and Talladega.. I really don't get how ya'll are where ya'll are. It seems like everyone is out recruiting and better performing. What's your thoughts on why that is? I get AAMU, but how in the world is Talladega such a recruiting force in the state without even having a football team?

Because Talladega is full of ASU, A&M, Miles 30 year old dropouts who can’t let band go & they take anyone off the street.

MMH had a good number of Detroit, Miami & Cali kids when I was there idk if that’s the case now. Oliver needs to start taking the band on the road more. I also suspect with the reemergence of FAMU, our Atlanta numbers are going down as well. Honestly I think it’s time for new leadership

Yea but most of Miles and Talladega kids are freshmen and sophomores so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense lol.

Back